Head gasket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
EDIT: intake gaskets like he said ^^^ you got me saying the wrong one! Or since you're already in there you might as well do both :shrug:

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Ok stupid question time lol but can I tell by looking at the intake gasket to see if thats the problem?

not without pulling it apart...... however intake gaskets are a VERY common problem on vortec engines id put my money on it being that before a head gasket imo

Sent from my static android

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
You might be able to tell if you don't damage the gasket when you pull the intake but don't quote me on it

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Yeah you'll have to take the intake off anyway to do head gaskets so if you see a bunch of coolant in your oil when you do then it's probably the intake gaskets...someone here has some nasty pictures of it, but I'm not sure where

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
ok wait a minute is your truck even a vortec or is it tbi?
I just realized it had dumbo mirrors :nono:
Sent from my static android

hawkeyez71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok so I had just checked my oil before I noticed the coolant was low and didnt see anything wrong with the oil on the dipstick the white junk is only on the top of the valve cover shouldn't it be everywhere?

hawkeyez71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah you'll have to take the intake off anyway to do head gaskets so if you see a bunch of coolant in your oil when you do then it's probably the intake gaskets...someone here has some nasty pictures of it, but I'm not sure where

Ok thanks! I have seen the pictures on here and am not looking forward to dealing with it