HD lowering Spindles swap on a RCSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve88RCSB

Reaction score
Hey guys first post here! looking forward to learning more about the gmt400s

So here’s what I’m trying to do. I have a 1988 GMC Sierra Reg cab short box, I’ve been doing a resto on it after being parked for about 10yrs. I’m Planning a 4/6 drop. So I’ve got a Belltech cnotch/flipkit installed with new leafs/shocks. Have since moved to the front end where I’ve luckily acquired some new Belltech lowering spindles alongside a parts truck deal.

Here’s where things got a little sticky with the spindle swap. I had a look at the spindles before installing and noticed the boxes had the part number (2400) crossed out and sharpied in 2500s. Although... on the inside casting of the spindles they were still stamped with the pn 2400. So I just figured they were mixed up in the boxes. I found out the 2400s were for the LD Std cab chassis and the 2500 for the HD ext cabs/454ss chassis.

Here my issue lies, i’ve since installed the 2500 spindles and changed out the rotors as my stock ones wouldn‘t fit the spindle shafts. With the added .5” inch length on the spindle shaft (compared to stock) it seems like there is a noticeable amount of wheel spacing. I’m wondering what you guys think, I will definitely need an alignment done. but I would prefer to have a more tucked look (in the front atleast) i’m assuming a different backspacing on the front rim will be the only way to get back to my stock setup. Just kinda wanted to keep my rims I have now. Forgot to mention it’s a build on a budget. Thanks for any insight!

arrg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's the spindles. The 2400 spindles on mine do the same thing. No amount of fender rolling/narrower tires would bring them back in the where they wouldn't rub either. A narrower tire with a narrower wheel brought them in enough that they only rub when I hit a large bump when I'm making a sharp slow speed turn.
https://www.gmt400.com/threads/its-lower-now-i-need-new-wheels.42900/

Steve88RCSB

Reaction score
Finally made er out to snap some pictures. Hmmm I guess now if Belltech is going to have an offset of .75” already with the 2400s, might mean i’d be pushing that to 1.25” with the 2500s.. any other alternatives you guys think?

You must be registered for see images attach