2500 rotor on 1500 spindle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Madd Tinkerer

Reaction score
Ok been told the a 2500 4x2 six lug rotor would fit on a 1500 spindle. So question is can it handle it ?or am I just better off using a 2500 spindle. And what bearing would I use .

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A little bit more info is required. Year/model/brake package for example. The first few years of these trucks, many 1500's came with "little" brakes (1" thick rotor) instead of HD brakes (1.25" thick rotor.) In '91 GM decided all of them should have HD brakes.

If the truck has HD brakes then the spindle is the same regardless of 1500 or 2500"LD" (6 lug 2500).. the only difference is the lug pattern in the rotor. The spindle, wheel bearing, caliper, pads, rotor dimensions (other than wheel lug pattern of 6 vs. 5) are the same.

Richard

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your other post states you have a '94. The info from @someotherguy is accurate. As is the info in your other posts.
Your problem is you start a new thread every time, instead of continuing on from the original.

That is adding to the slow responses...
Continuing on only one would allow us to look back on your info, questions, give advice, updating the build and cause much less confusion.

Perhaps O.P. or a moderator can collapse all of them into one for clarity...

Last edited: