Halo Headlights.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been looking for some halo headlights for a while and just did not like anything i could find. NONE i could find would look good on a OBS imho.
So yesterday i was checking around again and discovered Spec-D has some new ones out that will look pretty good i think and should be decent quality.
Should have them first part of next week. Can't wait!
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
You must be registered for see images attach

Trio

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been looking for some halo headlights for a while and just did not like anything i could find. NONE i could find would look good on a OBS imho.
So yesterday i was checking around again and discovered Spec-D has some new ones out that will look pretty good i think and should be decent quality.
Post a pic when you get them installed.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Headlights arrived today. The lights sure seem like they are decently built and solid. The mounting plate that has the 4 hols that bolts to the core support is very sturdy. Not at all like the flimsy ones some are made out of. The corner lights however are just too cheesy looking to even consider using. I will need to find some nice looking ones.
Anyway ill be mounting them up in a couple weeks and will post some pics then.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went a head and installed the lights. It was a real PITA actually getting them lined up to fit the grill. I do have a aftermarket made in Taiwan grill the PO installed so that might have been part of the problem but it's done.
I think they look nice but as it turns out the fit is crap in other places. The adjuster for up and down is good but the adjuster for left/right can not work the way it is.
It has the adjuster made so you need to use a screwdriver from the back on the radiator side through a hole in the core support. Problem is the radiator is in the fkn way
The only way to adjust them is to remove the pins and take the headlight out, over and over till you get them close enough to call it good and give up and getting them perfect,
But they are in and waiting till dark to adjust them.
If you're a guy that likes a challenge get em they look good. If you're a plug and play guy don't get em.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This probably won't bother 99% of people, but I obsessed over lighting on these trucks for quite a while and it trips my OCD so I had to mention it...

Why in the world would they mix and match reflector styles like that? If they're going to the trouble to install the halo lighting in those housings, why not use parking lights with the sectioned rectangular reflector to match the headlights instead of the "sunburst" style or whatever you'd call those? Anzo 511033 for example...

One other concern, are the halo LEDs just stuck to the back of the lens? If so, isn't that blocking a decent chunk of light from the actual headlights with how wide they are?

Sorry, don't mean to rain on anyone's parade. Just had to wonder.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry for the double post too but I had one other thought... Did these have any type of warning in the listing to use LED headlight bulbs only?

The reason I ask is RZLightz makes a similar set of halo headlights, and they say to use LED headlights only. I'm assuming because the heat of standard halogens or HIDs could damage the halo rings inside the housings. (Which IMO makes them an immediate downgrade from most other options, but that's another story.)

https://rzlightz.com/collections/headlights/products/88-98-chevrolet-gmc-drl-halo-headlights-pair

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The listing says Bulb Type Halogen. The halos are attached to the reflector not the lens.
No idea how these will work out in the long run but im going to find out for sure but, I do have the Spyder headlights tucked away in a safe place just in case.

budviper1962

Reaction score
I’ve have this set in my wishlist

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got back in from adjusting them.
Adjusting Left/Right is a real PITA as i had to remove the headlight but i got it done close enough for now.
They look SWEET! The Sylvania SilverStar ZXE are also WAY better than a stock type halogen bulb. Well worth the money after driving about 5 miles adjusting headlights.
I'm pretty jazzed about them atm. Time will tell though.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got back in from adjusting them.
Adjusting Left/Right is a real PITA as i had to remove the headlight but i got it done close enough for now.
They look SWEET! The Sylvania SilverStar ZXE are also WAY better than a stock type halogen bulb. Well worth the money after driving about 5 miles adjusting headlights.
I'm pretty jazzed about them atm. Time will tell though.
Don’t leave us hanging. We need the money shot!