gutting my cat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Balzer

and Mean Girl *truck*
Reaction score
My friend just callled me back and "splained" this to me.

He said, what he gave me was 2 spark plug anti foulers.
They are 18MM
So basically you get the 2 anti foulers, screw one into the down stream (after the cat) O2 hole. Drill the second one out to 1/2" and screw it into the first one, then screw your O2 sensor into them. This gives the internal depth you need for the O2 sensor, He said use antisieze on them.
What this does is takes the O2 out of the stream of exhaust and fools it into thinking the air is cleaner after the cat.

He also said if you do this to the upstream O2 it will think its running lean and richen up the mix so dont do that!

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My friend just callled me back and "splained" this to me.

He said, what he gave me was 2 spark plug anti foulers.
They are 18MM
So basically you get the 2 anti foulers, screw one into the down stream (after the cat) O2 hole. Drill the second one out to 1/2" and screw it into the first one, then screw your O2 sensor into them. This gives the internal depth you need for the O2 sensor, He said use antisieze on them.
What this does is takes the O2 out of the stream of exhaust and fools it into thinking the air is cleaner after the cat.

He also said if you do this to the upstream O2 it will think its running lean and richen up the mix so dont do that!
Word, this work's I keep spare non fouler's in my tool box in case someone need's them!

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
I usually use a grinder and cut out a small square, somewhere un noticable and easy to get at when you weld it back up, then use anything that'll smash up the crap inside, I vaccum it out since you dont want all that stuff in your muffler. Then weld it back up

X2 on the anti foulers.. cheap and effective
You can also get simulators for the O2's pretty cheap as well.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
I usually use a grinder and cut out a small square, somewhere un noticable and easy to get at when you weld it back up, then use anything that'll smash up the crap inside, I vaccum it out since you dont want all that stuff in your muffler. Then weld it back up

X2 on the anti foulers.. cheap and effective
You can also get simulators for the O2's pretty cheap as well.

where could i get one?

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
I've only seen the simulators online, Basically what they do is send a .4v signal back to the PCM and are guarenteed to work

The non foulers can be bought almost anywhere but there is not a 100% chance they will work, I'd still try them though.. they would likley be cheaper.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
need to do mine. i can hear the stuff rattle inside its so annoying. we gutted cats on buddys f150s just hit it with a long pry bar a million times started it and reved so the stuff flew out untill it was gutted. going o be harder on mine will have to cut exhaust to do it and weld it back