Guideance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silsbeeman

Reaction score
Got the 4.3l v6 vortec in my '94 Chevy Cheyenne with 5 speed manual. It's not my dd so I am restoring/rebuilding. Bought truck lil over year ago. I'm constantly working on it just to keep it running. Now it's smoking only at idle. Rings or seals, which ever, I'm pulling motor and having it bored I've .030. Also going with new cam. Since there is no major rush to get this done, I want to start with the engine. After motor is reinstalled, it will be matched up with a carb instead of tbi. Personnel preference. Can anyone guide me towards the right steps to switching from tbi to carb?

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i put a carbed 502 in a 1990k2500. had braided lines made with 3/8'' npt fittings on 1 end and the correct fittings on the other end to screw on to the stock lines where the joint is down on the frame to replace the lines that went to the tbi. ran those to a adjustable regulator with feed/return ports and gauge, then just run the feed to the carb, looks factory. also ditched the stock distributor/coil for a msd billet hei, simple 1 wire hookup. yours should be easy, mine was a bit more involved changing small to big block and i used all gm parts for brackets and such so it looks factory and edelbrock tes hooked up to stock exhaust, but using the same motor you can use all your old stuff.