Guage hookup to ignition power 94 k1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LVJJJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just can't find a place to hook up the positive lead of my trans temp guage. Directions say to hook up to an ignition switch location, can't find such location or where it might be. I have been reading electrical diagrams in Chilton's and the main Service Manuals. Not sure where the modules are. Any suggestions as to where I can find a hookup along with the color of the wire?

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
should help you out ...

pressureangle

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just can't find a place to hook up the positive lead of my trans temp guage. Directions say to hook up to an ignition switch location, can't find such location or where it might be. I have been reading electrical diagrams in Chilton's and the main Service Manuals. Not sure where the modules are. Any suggestions as to where I can find a hookup along with the color of the wire?
There's a bunch of pink and black wires under the dash that proceed from the 'gauge' fuse. Your gauge doesn't have any current demand, so you can tap in pretty much anywhere on one of them. Alternatively, you can run a wire to one of the ignition-powered spades in the convenience center, by driver's left heel on the firewall.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Two types of power feed. A feed that's active ( hot ) from battery. Also means has power 24 hours a day. As long as the battery is hooked up.
A feed that active ( hot ) only in the key in ' Run ' position. Where key remains after cranking and start. When the key is off this feed is no longer powered.
A test light is easiest method to locate terminal that has the power you need. You may also use a piggyback terminal spade on an existing circuit with fuse protection , within the fuse terminal block., don't overload the circuit.
If adding a power circuit for an additional device, lights, amplifier, USB outlets , if not protected add fused protection.