Green Goblin 95 C1500 ECSB Choo Choo Customs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Center Channel, bad idea in any vehicle. Time alignment preferred ...
My signature has my build log links to my GMT400 build pics. No need to spam up the Green Goblin’s thread.

With that being said, this particular truck will most likely get an active 2 way component installation. Cleaner and stealthy look.

3way ya dingleshit.....4" & 39mm tweeter buildout on the A pillar, 6.5" or 8"(if it'll fit behind door panel) in the doors.

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
3way ya dingleshit.....4" & 39mm tweeter buildout on the A pillar, 6.5" or 8"(if it'll fit behind door panel) in the doors.
8s won't fit behind the doors, I tried and tried, even got a 7" woofer and still a no go. 6.75 max before door parts get in the way. I ended up giving up the stealth install and dropped two surface mount 6.75s and a 4" tweeter, working on custom fiberglass panels as we speak. And if cablguy gives advice, trust me you should definantly give a good hard look cause dudes truck looks phenomenal, have not seen it in person but just in videos through a camera the sq is nuts. I have ran active 3 ways ( 110 per speaker, per door) and compared to the active 2 ways I run now ( 150 to woofers and 80 to tweeters) I can't tell any real difference in sq but my 2 way is alot louder. In my opinion it's not really worth a 3 way setup unless you are just doin it for the awesome look of a pair of speakers in the a pillar. But that's just my 2¢

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tick Tird knows I’m doing what want to his truck. Catchy part is MOBS is personally building the drivers that goes in this truck along with my Phantom ...

As for the doors, those are manual windows. Room fora single 10 in those doors if I want. They will most likely get a single 6.5” Overkill driver in each door.

Last edited:

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
keep the hz low on the midbas in the door, or you will hear where it is coming from and pull your stage down.
Rainbow Effect ... not a problem with proper phase and time alignment, unless you go with an 8” driver with not a strong enough midrange driver to match. I prefer a 5.25” driver for this over a 4” driver. MOBS’ design for a tweeter angled correctly matched with a robust 6.5” driver, phased, and correct time alignment ... should make for a sweet stealthy setup with a dash that is Very hard to work with. ...

Last edited:

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
keep the hz low on the midbas in the door, or you will hear where it is coming from and pull your stage down.

Yeah, the last vehicle I had with 8's in the doors, had to pull low pass down to around 170hz or so, just so they wouldn't pull from the 6.5's mounted flush in the dash. Hence why I planned to do 4's firing at me, because firing up cuts out alot of the strength/volume.