GMT400 Lift Guide

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Ok, gotcha...I've been looking for 295s because I'm gonna put a body lift on and dont quite want to go with 35s, but I want bigger than 33s. Problem is that 295s are a pretty rare size so I can't find them used and buying new isn't in the budget right now

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Ok, gotcha...I've been looking for 295s because I'm gonna put a body lift on and dont quite want to go with 35s, but I want bigger than 33s. Problem is that 295s are a pretty rare size so I can't find them used and buying new isn't in the budget right now

Yea I can def understand that. Thats why im buying these used 34" when they wear out I will prob go to 35" or 36" at that time.

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
Actually. That looks like it might be a 6" kit that's cranked way up to fit 37's. Here's a shot of mine with 6" lift cranked a whole lot (too much) and running 37's on 17's

You must be registered for see images attach

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What is all this talk of cranking them up? like how much higher could you make it by doing that?

Generally you can crank your torsion bars to gain 2-2.5" lift. I would recommend only going 1-1.5" max to keep smooth ride and keeping the front end from premature wear. An allingment should be done afterwards.