GMT400 Lift Guide

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92gmc4x4

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Major differences between the two, bigger diff on the 8 lug, bigger hubs, diff mounts way differently. Thus 1/2 ton kits will not work. Pro comp and sky jacker are the only ones who offer kits for the 8 lug trucks and both are over 2k in price.

Powered by Detroit Diesel

Tuff country makes one as well that isn't to expensive

Nator97

Reaction score
Im new to this Forum and I need some help. I have a 1997 Chevy Tahoe LT 4x4 that is bone stock except for the minor changes in the interior. I would like to put a suspension on it and be able to put 35s on it but i dont know what to lift to get. Can someone help me? Thanks before hand im new to all of this.

West Mi Mudder

OHHHH YEAHHHHH
Reaction score
Im new to this Forum and I need some help. I have a 1997 Chevy Tahoe LT 4x4 that is bone stock except for the minor changes in the interior. I would like to put a suspension on it and be able to put 35s on it but i dont know what to lift to get. Can someone help me? Thanks before hand im new to all of this.

Most people go with a 4 inch RCX lift. With this you may be able to squeeze 35's. Best bet would be the 6" kit. RCX is a very reasonably priced kit, and from what other member say, they are pretty good quality. If i were to buy a lift for my truck, i would defiantly look into it. But im fitting 35's with just a 3" body lift.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

What do you primarily want to use the truck for? Will you actually be going off road or you just want the look?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going off road from time to time and for the look.

Then do the 6" rcx kit. You could also do a body lift with blocks an cranking the front end, but its rough on front end parts an rides rough too....