GMT400 Lift Guide

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nitrofreak

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I run torsion relocators with the RCX 6 inch kit. do I use the stock torsion locating crossmember or the droped one provided with the kit?
Aslo, does anyone know if Cepeck kits are still available (in Canada)? im going to do a 6 inch kit this summer $$$$ depended and wanted a Cepeck but it sounds sketchy for getting one.

thanks

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
If I run torsion relocators with the RCX 6 inch kit. do I use the stock torsion locating crossmember or the droped one provided with the kit?
Aslo, does anyone know if Cepeck kits are still available (in Canada)? im going to do a 6 inch kit this summer $$$$ depended and wanted a Cepeck but it sounds sketchy for getting one.

thanks

sorry the response took so long. if you run torsion relocators, yes, you use the stock crossmember, not the provided one.

I've heard rumors that the cepek kits are still available but I'm not 100% sure on that one.

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
You should have seen how my parents responded when they realized I had to tear the whole front end of my truck apart to do a sas. Also the neighbors were not pleased to look at the back of our driveway and see my truck torn up. Moral of the story is, screw everyone else and work on your truck.

:word:
Exactly, I had the main loading door of a business blocked off for a week with my truck on jack stands.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Great thread guys!, Def helps with choosing the right lift for my truck. Im looking at a set of used 34x10.5-15LT super swampers for my truck. Would I have enough clearance for these with the t bars cranked and a set of cut out flares? From what I was reading in the instructions for the flares I would be able to clear 35" tires on a 10.5" rim with standard offset. The wheels that the 34" tires are on came off of an old straight axle truck and seem to have about 3.5-4" back spacing on them. So I know this will widen my track slightly. The t bar keys im looking at will allow me adjust for up to 3" But ideally I would like to stay around 2". Will I have enough clearance with that amount of lift and the fenders opened up with cut out flares?

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Great thread guys!, Def helps with choosing the right lift for my truck. Im looking at a set of used 34x10.5-15LT super swampers for my truck. Would I have enough clearance for these with the t bars cranked and a set of cut out flares? From what I was reading in the instructions for the flares I would be able to clear 35" tires on a 10.5" rim with standard offset. The wheels that the 34" tires are on came off of an old straight axle truck and seem to have about 3.5-4" back spacing on them. So I know this will widen my track slightly. The t bar keys im looking at will allow me adjust for up to 3" But ideally I would like to stay around 2". Will I have enough clearance with that amount of lift and the fenders opened up with cut out flares?
First, DONT BUY THE T-BAR KEYS!!! Your stock keys will allow you to crank to the droop stops if your t-bars are'nt sagging, and if they are then new keys won't fix the problem. Besides that, the 34" tires should fit fine with the cut out flares and some crank

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
First, DONT BUY THE T-BAR KEYS!!! Your stock keys will allow you to crank to the droop stops if your t-bars are'nt sagging, and if they are then new keys won't fix the problem. Besides that, the 34" tires should fit fine with the cut out flares and some crank

Thanks for the info, the truck is currently sitting level so unless they are already cranked up I have little to no sag, nice to know I can get the desired lift out of the stock keys, will I still need the rear shackles or blocks to get the needed lift in the rear?

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, the truck is currently sitting level so unless they are already cranked up I have little to no sag, nice to know I can get the desired lift out of the stock keys, will I still need the rear shackles or blocks to get the needed lift in the rear?

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk
If you plan to crank the front 1-2" and want it level then you'll need a block in the rear or an add-a-leaf to match it