Gmt400 Escalade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I got to that first post where you said you got in an accident I was really worried that the Caddy was totalled. I'm really glad it's minor damage, but I understand you're upset.

I was seriously torqued when I got rear-ended in my Mustang. It caved in the rear bumper pretty good, but the other driver immediately admitted fault and the insurance got the Mustang straightened out in just a couple weeks. I hope your claim goes as smoothly.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
Smh it’s been anything but smooth!!! Dropped it off at a local collision shop but only for it to sit for 2.5 MF’n weeks !!! Then call me and say it’d be 2-3 months before they could get to it!! But that’s not the truth insurance called me after I went and took it back home to fill me in and I asked on why out of nowhere 2-3 months if that was the case they could’ve just said that before I took it over there then ins. Guy said they just didn’t want to work on it as they didn’t think that a rattle on the exhaust was from accident!! Like what MFer shiiiiiiit how are they to say anything about anything when they never never put it up into the air to even look at it from underneath in 2.5 weeks!! smh so if you live around Ann Arbor DO NOT TAKE YOUR RIDE TO dons auto body in whitmore lk!!!
Total amateur hour there!!! So I’m waiting now to take it to a local dealership collision center on 3-18 but I’m just worried that parts and labor will exceed what insurance's will want to cover then decide to want to total it but it’s not crazy amount of damage done from first sight but could be more once underneath as a Tesla hit me and pushed me! I just wished this had happened in my fusion work car not my nice ride!

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Smh it’s been anything but smooth!!! Dropped it off at a local collision shop but only for it to sit for 2.5 MF’n weeks !!! Then call me and say it’d be 2-3 months before they could get to it!! But that’s not the truth insurance called me after I went and took it back home to fill me in and I asked on why out of nowhere 2-3 months if that was the case they could’ve just said that before I took it over there then ins. Guy said they just didn’t want to work on it as they didn’t think that a rattle on the exhaust was from accident!! Like what MFer shiiiiiiit how are they to say anything about anything when they never never put it up into the air to even look at it from underneath in 2.5 weeks!! smh so if you live around Ann Arbor DO NOT TAKE YOUR RIDE TO dons auto body in whitmore lk!!!
Total amateur hour there!!! So I’m waiting now to take it to a local dealership collision center on 3-18 but I’m just worried that parts and labor will exceed what insurance's will want to cover then decide to want to total it but it’s not crazy amount of damage done from first sight but could be more once underneath as a Tesla hit me and pushed me! I just wished this had happened in my fusion work car not my nice ride!
There is no way they total that from the damage you posted.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe try driving around all the repair shops in your area and get an appraisal from each as to what they think. That will give you a chance to evaluate different shops and learn a heap about the way the industry works before committing to a repair shop. You can learn a lot by just chatting with the guys who do the work.

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
Problem is nothing’s close as I’d be driving it around too much for comfort as I’m not wanting to make something worse or have part go bad due to driving place to place and seems everyone has a backlog of work. An yes it honestly doesn’t seem like much I’m honestly not worried about the cosmetics as that’s the easy part it’s if anything has been altered by being hit is my concern like transfer case as my front side bumper and tire area were spot of impact. I’m concerned that my wheel was pushed in a small bit that over time will wear out other parts or is the insurance company just going to right it off as due to mileage once actually gone over. I honestly don’t want to be paying or fixing anything that has no value as to buying it back to fix on my own dime or whatever money they’ll give me after all said and done. no matter how valuable I find it as it’s still a vehicle and at some point will have to be replaced as I live In Michigan and the roads are **** plus the road workers dump so much salt it’s crazy and do not know how to truly rebuild a road! Plus to only turn around and destroy it with the mounds and mounds of salt!! I don’t want to have a place rush but also just not let it sit either just be on a regular schedule! It’s just a **** situation as this was all caused by a ****** driver and tbh 400’s have not had their surge in values yet even though some people are asking good money for some but kbb and insurance companies haven’t adjusted to the market and the market pricing on these is so vast. I’ve also been getting hit with other problems of household and kids like several things have gone wrong this was just the start of things going wrong! An to have a open issue for weeks now when I should be hearing on how much longer it should be until fixed vs just dropping off again as like this happened yesterday!! I hate to act like the damage is without question totaling the vehicle but I’m just preparing myself for the worst case scenario vs oh it’ll be all good then get smacked with the opposite! An it sucks not having this vehicle to do certain things I want to do or need to do!!! Thanks for hearing my disappointment

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Problem is nothing’s close as I’d be driving it around too much for comfort as I’m not wanting to make something worse or have part go bad due to driving place to place and seems everyone has a backlog of work. An yes it honestly doesn’t seem like much I’m honestly not worried about the cosmetics as that’s the easy part it’s if anything has been altered by being hit is my concern like transfer case as my front side bumper and tire area were spot of impact. I’m concerned that my wheel was pushed in a small bit that over time will wear out other parts or is the insurance company just going to right it off as due to mileage once actually gone over. I honestly don’t want to be paying or fixing anything that has no value as to buying it back to fix on my own dime or whatever money they’ll give me after all said and done. no matter how valuable I find it as it’s still a vehicle and at some point will have to be replaced as I live In Michigan and the roads are **** plus the road workers dump so much salt it’s crazy and do not know how to truly rebuild a road! Plus to only turn around and destroy it with the mounds and mounds of salt!! I don’t want to have a place rush but also just not let it sit either just be on a regular schedule! It’s just a **** situation as this was all caused by a ****** driver and tbh 400’s have not had their surge in values yet even though some people are asking good money for some but kbb and insurance companies haven’t adjusted to the market and the market pricing on these is so vast. I’ve also been getting hit with other problems of household and kids like several things have gone wrong this was just the start of things going wrong! An to have a open issue for weeks now when I should be hearing on how much longer it should be until fixed vs just dropping off again as like this happened yesterday!! I hate to act like the damage is without question totaling the vehicle but I’m just preparing myself for the worst case scenario vs oh it’ll be all good then get smacked with the opposite! An it sucks not having this vehicle to do certain things I want to do or need to do!!! Thanks for hearing my disappointment
I hear and understand everything you're saying. I feel exactly the same when some other persons incompetence ruins something that is dear to me. I really hope the repairs are sorted soon so that you can put this behind you.

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
Yes I hope so too!! I appreciate your support! As you said it’s hard to get through/deal with issues that rely on others to fix something that went wrong. Vs being able to handling it all yourself to fix! But I shall see my appointment is next Monday and I’ll likely be dropping it off the this Saturday as to have them be able to start on it ASAP vs working all day then taking it over in the last hour their open. But I’ll let you all know what I hear till then look out for these bad drivers!!

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
So update on my ride she’s back home picked her up Friday afternoon and she’s looking pretty good but shop couldn’t source a proper drivers side mirror glass and had to use a cheap reproduction which I’m going to have to switch out for a used factory one!! Repo constantly shakes and hasn’t the color shift for night which I need as my Achilles heel is bright light !!! lol but Ive contacted a couple eBay sellers but yet to hear back but if anyone has a good one for sale let me know even if the color has changed to the dim coloring as I prefer that over the clear mirror then changing for night. But as long as it’s useable to see as it being clear across the glass without the murkiness that can make the glass unusable for looking at. The weather is crappy up here so it’s gonna be Friday or Saturday before I can get photos taken outside of the “fixes” lol and get her a proper cleaning! Thank you all for all your help and support during my journey! Cheers

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So update on my ride she’s back home picked her up Friday afternoon and she’s looking pretty good but shop couldn’t source a proper drivers side mirror glass and had to use a cheap reproduction which I’m going to have to switch out for a used factory one!! Repo constantly shakes and hasn’t the color shift for night which I need as my Achilles heel is bright light !!! lol but Ive contacted a couple eBay sellers but yet to hear back but if anyone has a good one for sale let me know even if the color has changed to the dim coloring as I prefer that over the clear mirror then changing for night. But as long as it’s useable to see as it being clear across the glass without the murkiness that can make the glass unusable for looking at. The weather is crappy up here so it’s gonna be Friday or Saturday before I can get photos taken outside of the “fixes” lol and get her a proper cleaning! Thank you all for all your help and support during my journey! Cheers
Glad to here you have got it back and all fixed up.