GMT floor mats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I know I mentioned this in one of the other posts but figured it was worth repeating here. I got the light gray for my '93 c3500 and they look great, heavy material seems same as oem, color seems good, etc. Man they attract dirt like crazy. My driver side already looks terrible just from moving it in/out of the garage a few times while working on the truck. I keep my garage floor swept and generally clean but the floor mat looks like I walk through grease and slop every day. :(

I've scrubbed it clean once already but it got very dirty right away again. Not sure what my next step is with these other than possibly pulling them out of the truck in favor for some crummy aftermarket carpet style mats.

Richard

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just assumed the original mats didn’t have the “passenger/driver side” lettering at the bottom.

I just assumed they all did get that. :lol:

Interesting... I wonder why some did and some didn't? Maybe it was added after a certain year? My pictures are of '97 mats for reference.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just assumed they all did get that. :lol:

Interesting... I wonder why some did and some didn't? Maybe it was added after a certain year? My pictures are of '97 mats for reference.
Well maybe people from the factory kept putting them backwards lol ,so gm made it say which side goes where.. I do know that the earlier 400 suburbans had trim behind the spare tire and then in later 400s they didn't come with that trim.. maybe when they did that change they changed the mats?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I do know that the earlier 400 suburbans had trim behind the spare tire and then in later 400s they didn't come with that trim.. maybe when they did that change they changed the mats?

My gut instinct says the driver/passenger markings were probably added in '95 and carried through the end of production, but that's an educated guess at best.

It would be interesting to hear from some more people with OEM mats, let us know if you have those markings or not and what year your mats are from.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My gut instinct says the driver/passenger markings were probably added in '95 and carried through the end of production, but that's an educated guess at best.

It would be interesting to hear from some more people with OEM mats, let us know if you have those markings or not and what year your mats are from.
Probably a good guess.