Glass park lights???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting that these exists as a option … I mean the chances of finding a clean set with no haze or marked up im sure are slom , Unless they are made as a repro part

So These are quoted as actual fitting a gmt400 composite grill by someone down the line ? They def look the size and shape
Yes. Good luck finding them.
Only down side if it even is one is the 88-93 top of the grill is wide open essentially where the hood latch is etc... Won’t have that top on the grill that hides the rad and the evap .. that’s another thing I never knew about the 88-93 . But that’s find no issues

I read the thread from @someotherguy mostly only said need middle bumper brackets didn’t see anything about the 3 fillers

I’ll continue to search
I did this swap on a ‘95.
1) 88-93 grille
2) 88-93 grille filler panel
3) 88-93 inner bumper brackets
3) 88-93 fender extensions; bolted to the front fenders, extend down to the bumper
4) grille/hood latch panel. NLA in plastic form but SloshTubz does sell a metal panel.
5) various hardware to secure the grille to the core support. The filler panel is fastened to the grille on 88-93 trucks. 94+ it is fastened to the core support but there are spots to slip/secure it to the grille.
6) parking lamp spacers
7) parking lamps if you want it to look good. There are differences in the 88-93 and 94+ lights. I think it has to do with the angle they in which they are mounted

That is what you need.

Last edited:

bc-chris

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, I even have GMT400 parts stuffed in my attic. No I will not go to counseling.

Gray surround around the light.

wait... you meaning saving gmt400 parts isn't considered 'normal'??
i've got multiple grills and probably 10 boxes of parts from the wreckers in my crawl space... i thought that's just what 'normal' people do! ha!

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes. Good luck finding them.

I did this swap on a ‘95.
1) 88-93 grille
2) 88-93 grille filler panel
3) 88-93 inner bumper brackets
3) 88-93 fender extensions; bolted to the front fenders, extend down to the bumper
4) grille/hood latch panel. NLA in plastic form but SloshTubz does sell a metal panel.
5) various hardware to secure the grille to the core support. The filler panel is fastened to the grille on 88-93 trucks. 94+ it is fastened to the core support but there are spots to slip/secure it to the grille.
6) parking lamp spacers
7) parking lamps if you want it to look good. There are differences in the 88-93 and 94+ lights. I think it has to do with the angle they in which they are mounted

That is what you need.

This would be the grill latch filler you mention .. just wanna make sure I’m looking at the right part online found one used .. in good shape

Says it’s a 88 89 90 91 92 93 Chevrolet & GMC Truck—Grille Upper Filler Deflector Trim Panel
You must be registered for see images attach

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And these would be the entire grill filler and extensions (3pc) I could purchase and would be correct

I’ll be keeping my 98 bumper I assume works for the swap

Everything else I have already

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And these would be the entire grill filler and extensions (3pc) I could purchase and would be correct

I’ll be keeping my 98 bumper I assume works for the swap

Everything else I have already
If they are 88-93 specific then yes those are it…

4player

Wookie Wagon
Reaction score
wait... you meaning saving gmt400 parts isn't considered 'normal'??
i've got multiple grills and probably 10 boxes of parts from the wreckers in my crawl space... i thought that's just what 'normal' people do! ha!
You and I think alike.....I am always grabbing various parts I "may" need one day.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are decent to really good aftermarket parking lights. They are reasonably cheap too. I understand the reasoning for a glass headlight…they cost more. But if the parking light fades in 5 years, just replace it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ObsGus