Giving my ride some much needed attention.

Keep or Lose the VortecMAX badge.

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I voted for removal, I'm a fan of the sleeper look as well. De-baged my Mercedes of everything except the trunk and hood emblems. The only way you can tell it's not a garden variety grandpa car is if you know that the dual exhaust tips and monster brakes mean it's an AMG car. I love catching muscle cars trying to show off and hurting feelings.
Sounds like the M56S I had. The only clue was the V8 exhaust note and the lack of the 3.7L badge on the fender that came on the G37 and M37 as well as Q50s. That all black 5.6L V8 sedan would knock a hole in the wind and run, especially after full exhaust and a tune. Had a C6 Vette and a Scat Pack challenger as well as a few newer 5.0L Mustangs try that car. With the 7spd trans and a 2.62 ring and pinion as well as a 180 mph speed limiter that car would fly on the highway.

You must be registered for see images attach

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only clue was the V8 exhaust note and the lack of the 3.7L badge on the fender that came on the G37 and M37 as well as Q50s.
Yeah my old Q45 (4.5L V8) was fun to drive and surprise a few guys. Not as quick as yours but still quick enough for a 5300# boat, LOL.

I always go by the philosophy, if you can back it up, flaunt it! Keep the badge.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah my old Q45 (4.5L V8) was fun to drive and surprise a few guys. Not as quick as yours but still quick enough for a 5300# boat, LOL.

I always go by the philosophy, if you can back it up, flaunt it! Keep the badge.

I love my small block and big block chevys but will always take a good running VH or VK V8 as well.

Then again my daily is a fully bolted and tuned 2007 G35 sedan. With 220K on it the thing will still brake the tires loose at 50 mph. Only 326 whp but the car is only like 3,600 lbs from what I remember. VQ has a sound all its own when it raps to nearly 8,000 rpm before the trans shifts into the next gear. Have a feeling its going to get totalled out. Had the crap beat out of it by golfball and baseball sized hail last month. Hopefully buy it back cheap, then keep driving it.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Variations on the same theme. Big, comfortable, and way faster than folks expect. Headers, smaller pulley, and a tune puts it a little under 600 at the wheels.

I can only imagine. The M56S put down 426 rwhp and 434 rwtq and it was suprisingly quick. 600 hp in that car would have been nuts.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Started on the interior after work today. It has been a solid 6-7 years since it has had a good full detail inside and out. Meguiars interior detailer on the dash pad and plastics, after wiping off all the dust with a damp microfiber towel. Then used the Lexol 2 part leather conditioner on the passenger front seat. Both front seats need the lower seat portion and the armrests recovered. I have alot of area to cover working from the front to the rear. The front door panels need some work done to them or solid replacements located but kinda doubt I will find them. Which brings me to repairing the ones in the van. The dash cleaned up pretty nicely and I will throw a carpeted dash mat on it to protect it. No cracks or splits in the dash. The dash wood needs to be refinished. I have a stitch up leather steering wheel wrap on the way to protect the steering wheel from coming apart like so many of the GMT400 trucks do. About where I made it to for the evening before I ran out of steam.

Always found it odd that Cobra put seats with the Cadillac wreath embroidered into them. The seats are flex steel though and they are about like riding down the highway on your lazy boy.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Digging those seats.
Always have loved them. This one slides back and forth and tilts with power and has a fold down extension on the back. It covers almost the entire space from the inside of the rear door panels to the back of the rear seats. Rougly RV queen size bed. Always found the fold down armrest cool. It makes for an extremely comfortable bed when you want to get a few hours sleep on a roadtrip without checking into a motel. I was also out tent camping with my girlfriend at the time and another couple that were friends of ours a few years ago and a bad storm blew in. It got cold, massive down pours and 60+ MPH straight line winds. Needless to say we retreated to the van and slept through the 3-4 hour storm in a better form of shelter. Two of us slept in the back and the other two reclined in the mid row. Woke up to flooded and collapsed tents and just a wreck of a campsite.

Last edited:

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The front seats had LCD screens installed in them. There were 3 different options of video feed and multiple head phone jacks. There is also a TV and video cassette player between the front seats. The TV was also wired through a switch to play on the rear speakers. Could select between the front radio and the rear speaker selection switch. Rear speakers either played off the TV or the rear radio.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The way they built these vans I am surprised they ever died off in favor of bland and much less comfortable SUVs.

It has 4 different types of lighting in it. The center overhead wood console with the a/c vents has light strips. The wood above the windows has light strips. Even the wood at the bottom of the windows has a light strip on it. Also has overhead reading lights for every row in the rear.

Also the clothing bar in the rear is extremely solid. Have gone out of town with family for funerals, weddings and the like. Can hang your nice clothing in the back without having to fold it or risk getting it wrinked. Have also gone on a camping trip with 4 fullsize coolers (food and alcohol for the 3 day weekend, lol) in the back and everyones bags. For about 5 years we made a yearly summer river tubing trip and stayed in a place out of San Marcos south of Austin. Only complaint from my passengers ever was the fact the van would easily make it there on a half tank of gas and about halfway down there everyone was wondering when we were stopping for gas so that they could make a restroom stop....

Last edited: