Getting tach signal from the alternator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ed Hardy

Reaction score
You are awesome! I thought I was done for him still put us all go to gather so forgive me unattended Delay and thank you again. As you can see by the photo and her current state of affairs, well,give us a minute. This is seven months in the taking undertaking rather, I've trying to figure out what happened to her. I installed the gauges she fired up like nobody's business once everything was put back together. She/ELVIRA ran for about five or six minutes she was just about warmed up to auto down and she died like someone pulled the drop cord of life out of her. So I've been just been taking my time got a brand new rubber there's never met asphalt brand New Bell tech sway bars Front and rear that half never took a turn. Don't start crying it's OK we're almost done. So I just added more goodies while I was waiting on parts.
You must be registered for see images attach

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are those homebuilding AC twist on terminals?

tpass

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have no idea about getting a tach signal from alternator but just as an FYI, Diesel clusters with the tachs are hot swap/plug and play with gas motors. I put one in my TBI 350 truck and tach worked no problems, if that info helps at all.

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Ed Hardy

Reaction score
Those were for testing purposes only. Yeah don't put twist on’s and leave them under the dash unless you want to fire to roast you're ****** later. Thank you for scrutinizing.

Ed Hardy

Reaction score
They look like the crimp on automotive ones that are junk too.
You are correct Ive going back through and have deleted all of those. That was a lot of money for a lot of junk and bad connections. I currently have a dead short in the radio circuit but I just cannot find. I've ordered a device it says that it will locate a dead short. I've been using a tone generator but that only send a signal to the entire truck frame and body! Everywhere I put that wand or my singing device if you're will, it just BBBB BBBB beep every where I put it. Or does that Radio circuit just affect the entire truck with a brown wire that just goes everywhere like a virus?

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What part of radio circuit ? Are you using the service manual wire diagrams? Whst are you trying to test and test for?