fuel additives

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redchev20

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in Minnesota and we run a 10percent ethanol blend in our gas..i run octane boost and heet.( ethanol draws moisture horrible up here) i was just wondering if anyone has good additives they have found that work well with tbi 350s and ethanol

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I use 'Lucas' fuel additive. Comes in 3 sizes. I add 1/3 of the middle size bottle (1 quart size) to a full tank. Lucas says that it cushions the valves & adds a bit of octane, but I don't notice a difference unless I add the whole bottle to a tank. The engine seems to run smoother with this stuff. If it works the way that it's claimed to, can't see how it could hurt. I figure that additives like this are usually 'snake-oil', but this stuff really seems to work. Besides, I've seen friends put it into $10,000.00 engines. If they trust this stuff in an engine like that, it must be O.K. Can't see them risking such an investment with just any additive.

redchev20

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been trying a few different one and i have found heet seems to work well but no noticeable gain in milage yet....this ethanol blend sucks

cstiles90

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sea foam is the best imo but its not cheap.had a lil car that wouldnt run for nothing the gas we got was so bad once.poured half a bottle in tank and half in the in the engine threw the brake booster got a smoke show. and it ran smooth as it always does.but its not for regular use.. also had good luck with marvel mystery oil but its just a slow cleaner that is supposed to clean slowly over time and keep the valves and stuff lubricated.ran it in a old car and it killed a maf sensor code after a few tanks of gas.alot of mechanics here swear by anythang with lucas on it.i have used it but just as preventive maintence to keep everythang clean

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
I can still get regular unleaded and super unleaded in Iowa- is that not an option for you guys, apparently? Hopefully they don't change it here-

redchev20

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not in my area. Out by fargo moorhead you xan find some stations with it. Im moving there in august so hopefully that will help

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
I use 'Lucas' fuel additive. Comes in 3 sizes. I add 1/3 of the middle size bottle (1 quart size) to a full tank. Lucas says that it cushions the valves & adds a bit of octane, but I don't notice a difference unless I add the whole bottle to a tank. The engine seems to run smoother with this stuff. If it works the way that it's claimed to, can't see how it could hurt. I figure that additives like this are usually 'snake-oil', but this stuff really seems to work. Besides, I've seen friends put it into $10,000.00 engines. If they trust this stuff in an engine like that, it must be O.K. Can't see them risking such an investment with just any additive.

Word. All I use is Lucas as well and it works great.