Front End Rebuild-K2500 Burban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBslider001

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of drilled/slotted rotors. Usually, they're the same cheap-junk Chinese rotors as you can get from any parts store, but someone threw 'em on an automated high-speed milling machine, carved a pretty pattern into them, and then put 'em into a four-color box, with the decimal point on the price tag moved over one place. They're "marketing" not "Performance".

Ah ok, I don't disagree with you. i did order it, but I can send it back. I sure don't know what this last "mechanic" did, but it did not vibrate in the front either until I got it back from him. I had changed the pads and rotors were fine. He tells,"yeah the front rotors need attention"....dangit. Never again.
The brakes on 1500 pickups (254mm leading/trailing shoe drums) (JN3, JN5, JB3, JB5) are a problem area; and in the early years, the regular-cab pickups got JN/JB3 brakes--the smallest caliper pistons and the smallest vacuum booster ever used on a GMT400. Most everything else is pretty reasonable except for folks not bleeding the ABS properly.
Ok, good to know. The ABS was apparently bled with a programmer that hooks up to it and works the fluid through ti. The brakes feel good and tight, but my trust is also waning with this guy. I wish I had never gone to him and just did it myself. I'll look on Rockauto based on the post from above.

1952Chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you end up having caliper issues(I had a stuck caliper), they're super cheap at O'Reillys. Cheaper than buying the parts to rebuild them. Can't remember if I said that already, but just saw your post about brake parts.

BBslider001

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Still no word on completion. Might be a few more days. Things are busy I guess.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A front-end rebuild would take me a month. Or two. Who am I kidding. I put upper ball joints in the Plow Truck two years ago, one lower last summer, and I'm making plans to do the fourth...some day soon, which probably means next summer.

I thought "tomorrow" seemed suspicious.