Front End Rebuild-K2500 Burban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBslider001

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know there are afew threads on this already, but this will be my saga of getting this done myself. I will start acquiring parts this week. Rockauto has a full Mevotech kit that I am looking at. There is an "economy" kit and then the blue boot "premium" kit for twice the price. Since "get what you pay for" is usually true, I'll go with the premium kit most likely. The lower arms have bushings available, so I will most likely get those and take the arms to a machine shop to have them pressed in and out, along with the ball joints. I have read a few horror stories about getting the torsion bars out? I guess this forum and Youtube will be my friend on this. Or, I could go full on girl and take the kit to have it installed LOL....not sure I'll do that this time around. It has cooled off enough here that the heat is not unbearable. Stay tuned! Any words of wisdom would be welcome.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
The easiest is to get all new complete uppers with new ball joints and bushings installed. Then for the lowers, burn out the rubber and install polyurethane and replace the ball joints yourself without needing to remove the torsion bar.

BBslider001

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The easiest is to get all new complete uppers with new ball joints and bushings installed. Then for the lowers, burn out the rubber and install polyurethane and replace the ball joints yourself without needing to remove the torsion bar.
This might be the route I go. Bear with me. This won't get done quickly.

BBslider001

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A little update. So far I have had mixed responses on the parts that are available for our front ends. I have had one very good shop in my area tell me they will install the Mevotech kit if I want to, but they have had hit and miss issues as far as fit on the ball joints and lasting only 6 months. The same guy said his best parts so far have been Precision parts from O'Reillys if you can believe that. He has nothing to lose or gain. I also heard mixed, but better reviews about Moog, but seems the best kit so far. And here is the kicker. One shop owner told me they can find the lower control arms and just did so about 4 months ago!! I'd love some input here. I am not doing this myself. The lack of a shop and time in my life is going to have me paying someone to get it done, so I am really doing my homework on who I can trust and who I feel most comfortable with.

What has everyone else had good use out of regarding parts? I thought the Mevotech was the way to go, but it seems it is hit or miss.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score

BBslider001

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just found that and was gonna post it up. Thanks. i think that seems to be the answer for our trucks. I hope it is!

GMC_YA_LATER

Reaction score
There is another product line by Mevotech called "TTX". I believe this is their top of the line stuff that seems to be much more well made. I've heard nothing but good things about the TTX stuff so far. I wouldn't even set an empty Moog box near one of my vehicles. Their quality has gone down the drain in recent years and does not seem to be rebounding.

BBslider001

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There is another product line by Mevotech called "TTX". I believe this is their top of the line stuff that seems to be much more well made. I've heard nothing but good things about the TTX stuff so far. I wouldn't even set an empty Moog box near one of my vehicles. Their quality has gone down the drain in recent years and does not seem to be rebounding.
Thanks for the tip. I'll check em out.

BBslider001

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pretty sure I will do the TTX Ball Joints, but the rest may just be Moog or whatever AC Delco I can find. I'll finally be getting all the parts ordered today and tomorrow. I'll report back with what I decide.

On edit, do we get stuff for the 7200 or 8600 gvw? I see both. Found TTX BJs on Rockauto as well.

Last edited: