Front big brake upgrade, again...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
The real question is, why even ask the question if you're already proposing the possible answers?
Sewlow gave a legitimate answer about the C1500 question. And its an answer.
If you wanna pay more to modify your suspension to a totally different setup from the GMT400 platform, why ask about a setup using it???? No, there's not any newer factory arms that fit, hince why it hasn't been done and there's no information on doing it. Can you possibly convert to a different setup, yes. The answer to what setup? Is only answerable by what your fabrication capabilities are.. You can throw an Impala SS setup on there, you can throw Anything on there.. IF you can fabricate the mounts and have machining abilities to alter anything needing altered to accommodate your needs. So in all, the answer to your question is... What are you capable of doing.
As for an answer to what works for the GMT400 platform.. Sewlow answered

Don't ask questions if your gonna be a keyboard warrior against people trying to help.

Reaction score
But if you can fabricate a different setup mount, the Impala SS suspension will give you the correct five lug pattern and larger brake options.

realsquash

Reaction score
realsquash said:
I've built a 6-bolt 14BSF rear axle for my C1500 and I would like to upgrade the front to the largest brakes I can fit into a 17" wheel, and obviously it needs to be 6-lug, too.

But if you can fabricate a different setup mount, the Impala SS suspension will give you the correct five lug pattern and larger brake options.

:hmm::nono: I don't know what else to say.

I've researched this a lot and never found anyone who posted that they had success or failure doing this in the ways I've posted. I thought I might contribute something by posting what it will take to get this done.

Reaction score
There's kits and stuff to do larger/ more piston brakes for the five lug.. and same with the six lug. C2500 2wd is the simplest way to convert to a six lug without any custom fabrication. From what I've seen over the years is most people just upgrade the rotor and caliper usually by purchasing a kit. And for the best bang for your buck you can do a hydroboost setup using factory parts made from other GMT400 platform trucks. That'll give you the best stopping power by itself alone, and even better as a compliment to any upgraded brake kit.

Reaction score
But if a 6lug setup is the way your wanting to go, there's a How To thread on here that tells all of what's involved. It'll be your most cost effective way of running the largest brake setup. Only thing that would effect it's cost would be how much places in your area charges for the parts. A pick n pull would be your greatest asset if you have one around you. It's pretty simple, especially if you have someone willing to lend you a hand swapping things out.
My wife's ex had a C1500 that he paid to have the front and rear redrilled for six lug. But it wasn't cheap... Just all depends what you wanna spend, and what you could come across or have done.
People on here are more than willing to try and answer questions and give personal experiences. Might not be the answer your looking for, but just say why instead of shooting them down. It'll help you get the answers you need if you don't offend members here. Be kind bro, everyone here can help each other out with stuff. Just gotta give people a chance :)

Personally, I'd try and make peace with Sewlow.. he's a really smart and helpful guy that gives great insight on a lot of things.
On other words, welcome to the site.. you can usually find things easier here by typing the topic of the question in the search bar here. It'll give you all the related threads to it.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
No 6-lug option
No rotor larger than 13"
WAY overpriced

But the problem is that you didn't read what I posted.
Listen bud, I read what you posted. Every bit of it. When I finished and realized I had nothing valuable to tell you other than reply with a smarta55 comment about how 2015s aren't gmt900s, I decided to leave it be. But when you're new to a forum and decide to have the whole keyboard warrior attitude, especially to one of the more knowledgeable members of this forum, I have a problem with that. We had one member leave the forum entirely, every thread, every picture, gone, because of some a55hat new guy who thought they ruled the forum. Check your attitude, and we'd all get along just fine. You could have replied in a much friendlier way by saying, "thanks for the link, but I want to switch to 6 lug up front because I have a 14b for the rear".