Free to me GMC 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dantheman1540

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I’m trying to start this turd and it seems to not be getting fuel. It tries to come alive with starting fluid but won’t stay running. Fuel pump is kicking on fine, I changed the fuel filter, and verified that a good amount of fuel is coming out of the line when the filter was removed and I cycled the ignition.

Not sure if I’m getting 60psi at the rail because my fuel pressure gauge is showing absolutely zero. I think it’s just an old pos tho and died because when you touch the shader valve it jets a nice pressurized stream!

I can also hear what seems to be the injectors pulsing when the ignition is cycled but when I pull a plug it’s not wet. Not sure what to do next.

Dantheman1540

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Other than this probable piece of crap, I’d go to boneyard.

This thing actually fits great, and looks great. Installed easy and the trucks stay ice cold now. Need to get new nut clips, but for now it’s just zip tied together and bolted on bottom. Great recommendation tho I appreciate it!

Dantheman1540

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got the headlights in and starting cleaning up the interior a bit. Along with lots of stains I found two cans of tomato paste, I really need to find myself a good shampooer small enough to do interiors with, anyone have a recommendation?

Also had a helper when I laid down in the grass to bolt the bottom of the fan shroud on.

Hopefully my LMC order is here this weekend and I can put the front end together, bolt on the new passenger door, and pass rear fender flare and calll the body guy.

Attachments

• IMG_2017.jpeg
    IMG_2017.jpeg
    394.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1855.jpeg
    IMG_1855.jpeg
    262.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1841.jpeg
    IMG_1841.jpeg
    777.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1840.jpeg
    IMG_1840.jpeg
    295.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1839.jpeg
    IMG_1839.jpeg
    405.3 KB · Views: 12

Dantheman1540

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got my LMC order and the grill fits great! I need to do a lot of minor tweaking to the bumper to get it to fit better but this bumper is only temporary anyway. I want to order the same thing but in chrome with the bump strips to match the rest of the truck. I’m loving the fog light look.

Also did first round of shampooing the carpets, this Bissell kicks butt, but I need to pull the seats are really get after it. Maybe tomorrow along with swapping the passenger door with the spare that’s not dented in. Then get with the tech school about painting everything.

Attachments

• IMG_1884.jpeg
    IMG_1884.jpeg
    623.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1878.jpeg
    IMG_1878.jpeg
    509.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1882.jpeg
    IMG_1882.jpeg
    521.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1885.png
    IMG_1885.png