frame snapped in half ... what now?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Yep they make some stuff that has a long hose on the can that you can coat the inside with.

vipergtrdj

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
anyone have a preference on if they use POR15 or Eastwood's Rust stuff ? I have heard good things about Eastwood, and lately I have heard bad things about POR15 failing after a few years.

vipergtrdj

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
id just go to tractor supply and get a gallon of tractor paint and a thing of rust inhibitor, itll save you lots and do the exact same thing

True. I completely forgot about Tractor Supply :) I am gonna go there tonight and check things out. Plus I only need it to last one winter, then I will be in Florida. As far as I can tell rust is not as big of a problem there :)

vipergtrdj

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I paid for the frame on Saturday. The guy told me it should be ready to pick up this week.

I will post pictures of it later tonight. this week I am going to start stripping the old frame to get ready for the new one.

Last edited:

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
sweet deal its gonna look good when your done... if you dont mind me asking how much did it cost you?

vipergtrdj

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sweet deal its gonna look good when your done... if you dont mind me asking how much did it cost you?

The frame was $500, I put half down for the initial deposit, then I will pay the other half once I pick it up (just incase they damage it while stripping it down). The frame was still an entire truck, I almost asked them how much for the entire truck lol.

My truck I have a lot of money (3000-4000) into it between last year and this year, but at the same time I do not have a monthly truck payment. I have thought about stopping this project and moving onto a newer chevy - but my OBS always wins :) . Plus I enjoy everything I have done to my OBS, it rides nice, and I just can't see throwing all that hard work away by buying a new truck. Monthly truck payment and full coverage insurance would suck as well...

Also another update - rear disc conversion brackets are ordered, just need to order some El Dorado calipers and rubber brake lines :). Already have rotors and pads for it.

vipergtrdj

I'm Awesome
Reaction score