frame snapped in half ... what now?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vipergtrdj

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hows the crossbar in the bed, cause that really dont look all that purdy

The bed is pretty well shot - but I only purchased the frame. The frame by the bed is pretty solid even though it looks rough. I was able to feel inside the frame and by the bed. I also have a stepside bed to put on :).

vipergtrdj

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that looks rough but pictures can be decivein

Yeah, the pictures are pretty rough. cell phone picture. I will have to post pictures up once its out and cleaned up. It is in better shape then my stock frame ever was though.

vipergtrdj

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thats good condition? Ouch.

All the other frames they had looked like mine, minus the broken part - but it wouldn't take much to break them.

Also being New England, its hard to find something 20years old that has little rust.

Last edited:

vipergtrdj

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I also spoke with my friend (who came with me to look at the frame) and he said that he was able to fix the rusted/bad spots by welding in new metal. He is also boxing it in for me. So the end result should be a nice, rust free , frame :) He is doing all the work for some 350 heads for his 87 chevy k20 :).

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
A former member, 'Stroker52', boxed his frame from the cab mounts to the rear bumpar mounts when he did his LQ9 swap. Apparently just by doing that, it totally changed the way his truck felt, & handled. Much more solid, according to him. Had 'lightening holes' punched into the plates that were welded to the frame, with a press. Check his build thread. He was pretty at documenting his stuff with pix.

vipergtrdj

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A former member, 'Stroker52', boxed his frame from the cab mounts to the rear bumpar mounts when he did his LQ9 swap. Apparently just by doing that, it totally changed the way his truck felt, & handled. Much more solid, according to him. Had 'lightening holes' punched into the plates that were welded to the frame, with a press. Check his build thread. He was pretty at documenting his stuff with pix.

Thanks - I am searching for the thread right now. I was hoping boxing the frame would make the truck feel a little more solid.