Forever Sharp steering wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HawkDsl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, what are the make and models of those S. Wheels. I like em both (pictured from Shipley4life & someotherguy).

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, what are the make and models of those S. Wheels. I like em both (pictured from Shipley4life & someotherguy).
Mine was a Grant "Collectors Edition" black leather / aluminum wheel (#1130), installed with additional billet hub kit (#5196-1), and additional billet horn button. Otherwise it comes with a super cheesy hub kit that gets covered with a black rubber accordion boot, looks terrible. The regular horn button isn't bad (just black plastic says Grant) and the bezel for that button is slimmer than the billet button; after doing the billet button I kind of missed the slimmer appearance of the old setup. Shop around if you're gonna buy this setup.. expect to pay about $275-$300 for the wheel and billet adapter kit depending on where you get it.

Edit - going back and reading reviews on amazon (which is always an adventure) there's a lot of gripes about the leather quality, saying it's thin.. and those reviews are from 2010! Tough call as I bought mine even before then, and they were fine, lasted many years with no visible wear and I moved them from truck to truck. I did wear out the threads in one of the install kits just from repeated swapping - but just the internal hub part that attaches to the steering shaft, not the billet part that the wheel attaches to. Easy fix. Anyway some of the other reviews from same time period say they're fine. Who knows.. but THIS more recent (2018, anyway) review might have me second-guessing buying now.

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

Last edited:

HawkDsl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine was a Grant "Collectors Edition" black leather / aluminum wheel

I currently had this with the mahogany wood grip in the old parts room... bought it 12 years ago. "Big Red" has the classic brandy wine/garnet red combo, and thought that wheel would look pretty good. I got the wrong button, so had to order a replacement (black/red Chevy bow-tie). Having just finished a column rebuild, I stuck it on there loosely to have a look. I had the Le Carra Mark 9 "Elegante" with burgundy leather wrap. Figured Le Carra was out of biz a long time ago, but they are still around and still making that wheel.

I may get that one again (Mark 9), part# 93203 (last two numbers is the color of the wrap). Made in USA. They also have nice adapters and horn buttons (although they don't have bow-ties anymore it appears).

I have to agree with the review.. the grant definitely has a cheaper look then my old Le Carra.

At any rate, didn't mean to ramble.. And thank you very much for the information!

You can brows the Le Carra's at their web site, which includes a downloadable PDF catalog (https://www.lokar.com/lecarra.html)- but you can't order direct. Summit and Jeggs carry all of them, and use their part numbers. Prices are about the same as the Grants.

Last edited: