Forever Sharp steering wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bretcopsey

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I installed one in my daughter’s bug and seemed to be pretty good quality.

Attachments

• 9A86FA9D-6675-4D35-A6D3-33F9AAA3DD4C.jpeg
    9A86FA9D-6675-4D35-A6D3-33F9AAA3DD4C.jpeg
    369.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 4526BED0-C591-45F8-95BA-B52778E0042F.jpeg
    4526BED0-C591-45F8-95BA-B52778E0042F.jpeg
    34.8 KB · Views: 16

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
It’s a half wrap. I didn’t even think about that. Hmmm
They look great but would only recommend for a show vehicle. In driving use they're generally miserable. Hell even the two small chrome accent rings on my 300's steering wheel are punishingly hot after sitting outside in the sun. You'd think they'd be easy to avoid, but nope..

You must be registered for see images attach

The worst are all-billet steering wheels. Bought a parts truck that had all the billet trim and my buddy just had to have it. He put the truck back together (someone windowed the block on the 454 over-revving it) and kept all the trim; I drove it one time with the billet wheel and couldn't stand it. Pure torture.

Richard

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a black muscle wheel with a wood half wrap in my C10. It's no worse in the winter/summer than anything else. People are always asking me if it gets hot in the summer but it never has. I've had vehicles with full leather wrapped wheels that were worse than this one. I will say skip the rivets in the wood if you want the wood wraps. The lines an edges in the wood are rough on your hands on a longer drive. I was going to get a regular vinyl one to put on but I decoded instead since everyone an their brother has that wheel now I'm going back to the 88-94 wheel I had in it eventually.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I have a black muscle wheel with a wood half wrap in my C10. It's no worse in the winter/summer than anything else. People are always asking me if it gets hot in the summer but it never has. I've had vehicles with full leather wrapped wheels that were worse than this one.
Weird. My experience has been exactly opposite. I've had Grant full leather wrap wheels in several trucks and no issues whatsoever. Love 'em. In fact I'm having a hard time understanding how a leather wrapped wheel can be an issue, as so many factory vehicles have them. But I guess I'll just agree to disagree :)

Richard

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Weird. My experience has been exactly opposite. I've had Grant full leather wrap wheels in several trucks and no issues whatsoever. Love 'em. In fact I'm having a hard time understanding how a leather wrapped wheel can be an issue, as so many factory vehicles have them. But I guess I'll just agree to disagree :)

Richard
I mean I wouldn't call either one an issue that would stop you from driving, I was comparing an saying in my experiences some full leather wheels get hotter/colder than this billet half wrap that I have is all.

I also sold a ton of these FS wheels over the last 4 yrs an never had one complaint about someone getting burned or couldn't drive because it was too hot. With the way people complain nowadays an some of the customers I had, I dam sure would have heard about too.