FNG from Henderson NV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

desertcarnage

Reaction score
hi, i'm scott. found this forum from gmfullsize.com. figured i'd sign up here as its more specific to my truck. ive got a 1999 (88-98 body style) c2500 RCLB work truck. bought it from my uncle for $600, its got 147k on it. runs and drives perfectly, i'm just tired of looking at it and driving it as a stock work truck. thinking i wanna lower it but ive never lowered a truck before, i've always been a rock crawler, lifting trucks is more my thing. so i'll probably have a lot of questions.

here it is.
You must be registered for see images attach

desertcarnage

Reaction score
thanks man!

ok like i said a lot of questions... why does everyone avoid long beds? everyone builds reg and ext cab short beds but i don't see many long bed trucks at all.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Most people prefer the look's of a shortbed, but I think a lowered longbed look's awesome!

slim

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
welcome, and personally i love longbeds, they look good and can haul more, yours would look good lowered a couple inches with some "sporty" tires and wheels imo.

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome man! That truck will look badass lowered! I love lowered longbeds. I prefer a long bed over a short bed for work but for looks I like shortbeds.

desertcarnage

Reaction score
thanks a lot guys. like i said ive never lowered a truck before so i have no idea where to start. as with just about anybody anymore, i'm on a budget so i'll be looking through the classifieds here for parts as i go. i'm thinking 2" front springs and some shackles/hangers out back. but how much would an axle flip drop it in the rear?

desertcarnage

Reaction score
so looking around i see a lot of parts that specify they're for 6 lug trucks. i'm assuming the spindles are different but are the CLA/UCA/coil any different than on my 8-lug truck? sites like belltech also list a bunch of 454SS parts for my truck, i guess they were made with some heavier 3/4 ton parts.

also not so sure about "sporty" wheels/tires. i'm kinda thinkin about painting the stock steelies red with chrome trim rings and hitting the truck with flat white. (flat black is played out) or maybe just flat black wheels on a flat white truck... hmmmm...

Last edited: