Floor Shifter Light.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1996 yukon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
do what hodges did :imo: in red but blue when engaged. or white.

seeing that makes me wish i had floor shift 4x4 :(

silverado_06

Resident Canuck.
Reaction score
good news i found an old box of 194 bulbs in my tool box. your all welcome for keeping you updated on such an interesting thread. a book will be written on this some day.

Hodges87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is a pic of the green led that lights up when the 4x4 is engaged. (Looks better in person, crappy cell phone pic)
You must be registered for see images

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
due to my obvious electrical savy i was able to fix the problem. i struck the unit with a firm open right hand. the light is back on, all is well. thanks for the help but now that my 4wd is afraid of me, i don't forsee any problems whatsoever anytime soon.

Ah the fonzie methood. the lasting effects don't always work unless you're wearing a leather jacket and happen to be named Henry Winkler

Hodges87 said:
I just replaced mine with a blue WLED-x5 for the night illumination and a green WLED-x5 when its in 4x4. It looks a lot better in person, my camera is a pos.

Those are the same bulbs I used in my instrument cluster, they look great too. I used the cool white ones everywhere else in the cab illumination as well. I haven't had any problems with them for over a year.

Valkyrie5.7

Thrashaholic
Reaction score
I just replaced mine with a blue WLED-x5 for the night illumination and a green WLED-x5 when its in 4x4. It looks a lot better in person, my camera is a pos.

That looks so cool. I almost wish I had a 4x4 just so I could do that, hahaha.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i had thought about that in blue and decided not too but now that makes me want to haha. i had burnt out bulb too for the longest time. just replaced it with a normal one for now. it makes it brighter inside at night since all radio lights are burnt out and with 4wd light out it was pretty dark but its cool now. how would red look when you shift into 4wd? or would white look better. im planning on buying a bunch of blue and white ones for interior. also did the bulbs fit into the housing with out any modifications or did you have to trim for them to fit inside the housing?

thanks, bbb