Floor Shifter Light.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silverado_06

Resident Canuck.
Reaction score
truck is a 96 4x4 5.7. i noticed today when i was driving home that the illumination in my 4x4 floor shifter was not working. so i put it in 4hi and the front tires on the little display lit up along with the 4x4 above that, but that was it still no other lights working. anyone have any clue, or have this happen to them? maybe a loose wire? bad ground? never had it apart to look at it but i think i'm going to have to.

silverado_06

Resident Canuck.
Reaction score
due to my obvious electrical savy i was able to fix the problem. i struck the unit with a firm open right hand. the light is back on, all is well. thanks for the help but now that my 4wd is afraid of me, i don't forsee any problems whatsoever anytime soon.

chevy_man

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
bulb is probably corroded in the socket. Should pull, clean, and replace the bulb so it doesn't get worse.

Hodges87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just replaced mine with a blue WLED-x5 for the night illumination and a green WLED-x5 when its in 4x4. It looks a lot better in person, my camera is a pos.

You must be registered for see images