First GM in quite a while...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UsedToCould

Reaction score
I'll probably be a lurker for a while but I thought I'd start getting acquainted with the boards.

I just bought a 1990 K1500 4x4, reg cab, long bed. I've never actually seen the truck outside of a single picture and I won't get to until I get home this fall. I'm US Air Force, stationed in England for the time being and my father-in-law swears I won't find a better deal than this thing. ...I sent him to look at a Dodge, he buys me a Chevy... At any rate, I know from experience the quickest way to learn all you can about a vehicle, especially an older one is to get on an active forum with enthusiasts.

I remember how strong the 350 is from the truck I learned to drive in 15 years ago. That '84 C10 is the saving grace for GM in my mind, after a bad experience with an Equinox a few years back. Don't get me started...I'll only tell you that all wheel drive shouldn't kick in on its own at 70 mph and an A/C blower needs more than an 18 ga (estimate) wire for power.

My wife hates knowing that I'm already looking into lifting it and knowing once I pop the mod cherry, there's no turning back. Thanks for the eye candy, guys.

UsedToCould

Reaction score
The only pic I've seen.

You must be registered for see images attach

More info, since I left some out: It's a manual with 114k miles. I'm told the tires are new and the headliner is a bit loose (nothing a little fabric and glue can't fix).

squidtracy

Reaction score
WELCOME and also thank You for your service. Thats a good looking truck and your already ahead of me with one pic. Nothing more fun than MODS, I look forward to hearing more when you get home and get busy making those changes.