Finally got myself a Burban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
So while checking & replacing the burnt out bulbs in the taillights, besides one of the mounts being broken, I found this. WTF was this guys deal? so I stole the working circuit board & taillight from the crew cab.

You must be registered for see images attach

What are we looking at here? I'm not seeing anything wrong.... unless is that pieces of wood jambed in with the bulb? My guess is the person was trying to solve a board problem thinking the bulbs were loose.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
then I moved on to cargo area. Like I said earlier, the was using it as a shed & worked out of it. the 3rd row seat headrests had rust stains on them, so I replaced them. Took 2 stores bags of trash from the rear. Took out spare to make it easier to clean & found that it was a 5lug rim, that'll work great on the side of the road.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
then I moved on to cargo area. Like I said earlier, the was using it as a shed & worked out of it. the 3rd row seat headrests had rust stains on them, so I replaced them. Took 2 stores bags of trash from the rear. Took out spare to make it easier to clean & found that it was a 5lug rim, that'll work great on the side of the road.

5-lug rim... that's worse than me carrying a spare and no jack.

Weird that the guy wanted top dollar, but left it full of trash. Some people have no idea how to sell stuff though... I'm reminded of this whenever I peruse Marketplace on FB.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What are we looking at here? I'm not seeing anything wrong.... unless is that pieces of wood jambed in with the bulb? My guess is the person was trying to solve a board problem thinking the bulbs were loose.

in several bulb sockets, he jammed brad nails & office staples. zero wood, that's rusty metal nails

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
in several bulb sockets, he jammed brad nails & office staples. zero wood, that's rusty metal nails

Lol... in the words of the famous Bugs Bunny. What a maroon! :)

The boards that I've found work best, are the replacements I bought at Orielly... I think they were Dormans. I've had no problems since. I had no success with other stock boards, or the US made replacements.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
5-lug rim... that's worse than me carrying a spare and no jack.

Weird that the guy wanted top dollar, but left it full of trash. Some people have no idea how to sell stuff though... I'm reminded of this whenever I peruse Marketplace on FB.

trash, tools, old parts. when I found some Kobalt tools, I didn't bother telling him. I found it while it was in my yard, so they were a bonus buy.

Buy this Suburban & get free Kobalt tools :)

Then again, maybe it was a sign??

Like I said, so far it's all been stupid stuff that some of which could've been repaired correctly the 1st. it seems that some people would rather save a few & do a piss poor job, then spend a few cents & do it correctly.

Funny thing is that when I got to cleaning up the 2nd row area, I found 2 brand new in the box TYC circuit boards under the seat.

Crookedaxle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Welp, this kind of explains why he was too lazy/worthless to even replace a simple brake line to try and sell the vehicle.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lol... in the words of the famous Bugs Bunny. What a maroon! :)

The boards that I've found work best, are the replacements I bought at Orielly... I think they were Dormans. I've had no problems since. I had no success with other stock boards, or the US made replacements.

Funny thing is that I've never had dead circuit board, I've swapped them out because the sockets were loose & knew that they were on borrowed time. But always grabbed used ones from the j/y, so far good luck, & now I have jinxed myself :)

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So after replacing the headrests, I finished cleaning out the cargo area, scraped @ the rust lines to knock as much of the crap loose as I could. He left some kind of bar on the right side & it rusted to the carpet. vacuumed up the carpet & the back of the seat. Washed the inside of the 1/4 windows. Washed down the interior panels in the cargo area w/ **** n Span anti-bacterial disinfectant. Got the plastics as clean as there gonna get. Some of them will be replaced once I locate some nicer donors. some of these have cracks, gouges & or spilt paint on them. Got a matching 6lug rim from the j/y, tire is dry rotted but holds air. It'll work in a pinch, unlike that 5lug rim. It was $15. I'll get the tire replaced later.
Also added a tray that I found in a 2000 Suburban. Fit is not perfect, but it'll do for $10.
I also replaced the sill plate as it was covered in paint & gouges. Also did the trim on the roof above the sill, had a crack.