Finally got myself a Burban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Here's the body damage. Plus a ding in the barn door as seen in earlier pics & some misc. scratches.

Last edited:

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The guy told me that I has to use special care when opening the driver side barn door. The handle was damaged & repaired it w/ jb weld, but still had to open the door w/ 2 hands. One on the handle & one the backside of the latch to help rotate it. Well don't cha know that the 1st time I use in my driveway, I break it. So I added it to my shopping list for when I go to the j/y. I got 3 handles for $15 from trucks that opened smoothly. Also picked up the missing carpet panel for the barn door. When testing the door after the install of the new to me handle, it was a little tight. so I readjusted the rods in the plastic clips, now it opens like butter w/ 1 finger. Maybe if just readjusted before breaking it?

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
While @ the j/y, I found a damage free pass b-pillar. So I washed it up front & back to get the dirt off of it & swapped it into the Burban. Seeing how I had the O'Crap handle off to do the swap, I washed that also. The grey looks so much nicer when it's clean.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When doing the rear bumper, I noticed a fuel smell. After looking around, I noticed @ the base of the filler neck had a damp spot about the size of nickel. Everything else was dry. Overall the neck didn't look to bad of shape, I've seen some nasty looking ones here in the rust belt. Seeing how the damp spot was were the neck met the hose & neither appeared damaged, (hose didn't have dry rot edge & the neck had a couple of small blisters, but nothing showing a hole (maybe a pin hole?)), so instead of paying $95 for a new neck @ the parts store, I went to the j/y & got a clean one for $10. $5 for brand new clamps & installed everything. Should be good as new now, fingers crossed.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also replaced the gouged/scratched window trim & carpet for the driver's barn door, along procuring some missing screws from the trims of the barn doors. While I had the trim off, I washed all behind the trim area, washed the new to me trim & installed everything. Slowing looking more complete. Slowly having less faults due to neglect & idiocy.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The crew cab got picked up a week before Christmas, they gave me $440 for it. Went down there a week later & found it like this. What a waste. They ruined all of the panels down the sides, damaged the mirror & blew out the window. Honestly, how do you make money when you damage your investments? some of the employees there suck the big one & they'll be the 1st ones in line crying that they are out of work because the store closed due to lack of sales. This was a great yard before Pick n Pull bought it out. When it was Bill's, they had self serve, full serve, & ebay. They were making videos of the vehicles that they were parting out, to help show you that you buying a quality drivetrain. They were stuff like Porsche Boxster's, Audi TT's, corvette's & more. carried all decades & models, didn't matter if it was a Chevette, an AMC Eagle or a p71 Crown Vic, if it was decent, it went out to be picked over. Pick n Pull came in & only kept the self serve & buy only the of the barrel cars from auction. the decent cars come in from off the street. Very rarely will you find anything newer than a 2005 in this yard now. Bill's had some 4yr old vehicles in the full serve area. Bill's had them up on 4 stands under the frame while PnP uses 3 stands under the bumpers, not as safe. Plus how do you sell that bumper or hitch now?

end of rant for now

Here she w/ the headlights, parking lights & bumpers from the Burban plus the prior mentioned yard caused body damage.