fiberglassed door panels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got one completely blocked today, just gotta prime & block it again then itll be ready for paint. Its not easy it took me a good 8 hours to just bondo and block 1 straight. The little contour areas are the most time consuming.

I used kinda thick fleece and its saturated (used a gallon and a half of resin on 2 door panels), i pulled it around the whole panel and hot glued and stapled it in alot of places, drilled a bunch of holes in the panels as well and resined the back side over the holes. I Put mat on the outer areas to strengthen it up so that when i pry them off they dont crack or break. They seem to be pretty strong i beat on one with a hammer to make sure it wouldnt crack and see how durable they are. Staples are just regular 1/4" staples seemed to be the only thing i could get to actually hold in the panel the bigger ones wouldnt hold for anything.

Ill add this to the list of things ill never do again .....

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

ready to prime block one more time then paint.

MTM1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man that looks awesome. I really have been thinking about doing mine. I want mine color matched but I would like to fiberglass them as well. Ready to see them in paint

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice! have you test fitted them?

i test fitted that panel since its pretty much done, was a little work to get the switch plate to fit like factory but im satisfied with the fit. After i fiberglassed the panel i put it on the door and let it dry so that it held its shape and didnt distort.

J-Dub

Underdog Performance
Reaction score
Any more progress on these? I plan on doing mine too. I have fiberglass experience but I've never done full panels before!

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have some more progress pictures just havnt had time to post them yet.

Advice if u do urs use the thinest fleece possible alot easier to fit the plastic pieces back

J-Dub

Underdog Performance
Reaction score
Normally I use cotton. Any reason I can't use that on the doors?

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I guess u could, idk much about fiberglass everything i read onpine before i tried the doorpanels said use fleece