Extra battery tray

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Some of you have two batteries or at least tow battery tray's under you hood. I have one on the passenger side. The driver side has a black canister (vacuum?)
Did some trucks come with two trays or is it something I can add with little difficulty? I would like to install a second battery soon and it would help if I could use the space on the driver side.

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
The dual batteries is a mod and i think it is fairly straight forward, never done one. And that canister is for gas vapors, you can trace one of the lines to the TBI and the other goes to the tank i believe.

Cartman372

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dual batteries isn't always a mod, it was an option and some vehicles were equipped with dual battery trays minus the dual batteries.

OP; it's fairly easy from what I've seen to install a second battery tray and install a second battery.

some tahoes and suburbans have the 2nd tray,i got mine from a yukon

Yeah, my Tahoe has the second tray. I've been considering installing a second battery.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
The dual batteries is a mod and i think it is fairly straight forward, never done one. And that canister is for gas vapors, you can trace one of the lines to the TBI and the other goes to the tank i believe.

Can the canister be relocated?

theoutlaw

Reaction score
I got my second tray from LMC. You still have to drill the holes for it though. I havn't installed mine yet but I believe it sits over the vapor canister.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
I could be wrong but it doesnt seem like there is enough room for a battery to sit above it.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Has anyone pulled out storage boxes to put in 2nd batteries? I'd like to do that, I don't hide 40oz bottles in the storage box anymore :D

(they go in the toolbox in the back now :lol:)