exhaust modification.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big2500Red

Reaction score
I picked a superlift for my truck and I'm going to be putting it on in the next month or so and wanted too see what you guys did to re routing the exhaust. And I'm trying to avoid using flex pipe.

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
your cross over pipe is going to have to be modified on the drivers side, no way around it. put the lift in, leave the front driveshaft out and bring it to a shop (or do it yourself) and have them modify it. they are going to have to make the pipe cut over high and hug the side of the bellhousing.

Reaction score
I have the 6" superlift, Back when i still had the 350 I drove mine with no front shaft to the nearest muffler shop, had them cut the driver side crossover and bend a new one that hugs the bell housing, then welded an o2 bung to it, costed $60 and they had it done in an hour, the guy even let me throw my driveshaft back on while it was on his lift......ive also seen people extend it around the drive shaft, both work just as good

-1996 k1500 z71 SCSB, 6" lift with a 92 ve 6bt/nv4500/mutant np241 swap in the making
-2004 Silverado z71 ECSB, 2.5" pro comp keys with stock bolts, 5.3 with a superchip/cats with no muffler, built trans with shift kit

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
your cross over pipe is going to have to be modified on the drivers side, no way around it. put the lift in, leave the front driveshaft out and bring it to a shop (or do it yourself) and have them modify it. they are going to have to make the pipe cut over high and hug the side of the bellhousing.
This right here. Shop around. The first few shops I talked to wouldn't do it for less than 100. One shop wanted 180.
Ended up getting it done for 60.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Seems like the Superlift is picking up in popularity, lol. I'm currently installing mine. Unfortunately for me, my driver side header is going to have to be modified - it curves in under the driveshaft. :nono:

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
Seems like the Superlift is picking up in popularity, lol. I'm currently installing mine. Unfortunately for me, my driver side header is going to have to be modified - it curves in under the driveshaft. :nono:
What in the Sam hail. That's interesting.

Big2500Red

Reaction score

Well I wasn't planning on getting one but I couldn't pass up the deal, I pulled it off a truck at a junkyard and paid 113 :)

21Actual

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine hugs the bell housing. $80 to bend a new pipe from the collector to the crossover and weld in a bung.

You must be registered for see images attach

Big2500Red

Reaction score
How much room did you guys have to the back of the front fender with a 35? I'm wanting to run a 37 and I'm not worried about the front bumper since I'll be making one.

My rims are 17x8.5 4.5 backspacing -6 offset.