Front drive shaft interfering with exhaust after lift.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1TexasDude

Reaction score
Howdy,
I have a 95 k1500. So if I understand correctly, with a 4” suspension lift you must modify the exhaust because of the front drive shaft being lowered. What have yall done here? Is there a y pipe for sale that has been made to for this situation? Just trying to figure all this out prior to lift installation, as I would hate to run around with a notched exhaust
Thank you much!

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Leave the shaft out, then take it a muffler shop and have them cut/bend a new section to clear the shaft....

Matt84

Reaction score
Howdy,
I have a 95 k1500. So if I understand correctly, with a 4” suspension lift you must modify the exhaust because of the front drive shaft being lowered. What have yall done here? Is there a y pipe for sale that has been made to for this situation? Just trying to figure all this out prior to lift installation, as I would hate to run around with a notched exhaust
Thank you much!
Did you figure it out? I’m in the same situation but for a 6” lift. Not sure if going around the drive shaft or between the trans and drive shaft