Exaust Headers...Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blortz

Reaction score
looking to get some headers for 98 gmc sierra im looking to put on a flowmaster cat back exaust system or something not too sure what to go with, i love the sound of the super 40 series muffler but not sure if that will be too load or have too much of a drone

i have heard long tube is better but im unsure,

any help and suggestions would be great!!
definetly want a dual rear exit exaust.... the easier the better

price is no optiong

THANKS!

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Ebay has some pretty good stainless Shorty headers that are a direct replacement. no mods neaded, longtubes are better put aren't bolt on you will have to get the y pipe modified, any reputable exhaust shop will be able to do this. the super 40 imo sounds great and if your running a rear exit exhaust the drone isn't bad that's what I had on my 96. my current truck has a super 40 as well but it's dumped after the cab and the drone is terrible

Sent from my static android

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
well same difference I'm sure they sell some good ones on Ebay as well however I have no personal experience with them so I can't recommend anything

Sent from my static android

gnrl

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ebay ones (mid length) are the ones I run and they arent bad. I didn't get the SS ones though; instead I made the mistake of getting the ceramic ones and they rusted. Also with the cheap ebay ones I changed the flange before I ever put them on. This is because the stock collectors and flanges they give you are kinda garbage.

One more thing. I used to data log my runs and have noticed that with my 1 wire oxygen sensor on the collectors, the computer would sometimes go into open loop on the highway. With long tubes I bet I would do it more often, but theres a lot of factors there. Just something to think about if you have a non heated oxygen sensor.