Everything hooked up, no wet plug? TBI 350 not vortec

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea, we did it before. We have a chart when 6 is TDC we know where to put the distributer on. But its not the dist. Its the fact that non of the cyls are gettin gas except 7/8

Sent from the boonies
just my .02 cents I would bring the motor to tdc #1 and reset the distributor i've seen it more times than i could tell ya friends have set it by a chart or marks they made and it wouldnt fire,i've pulled #1 plug bumped the motor till i got a burst of compression from #1 made sure timing mark was at tdc and set it from there and sure as s.h.i.t it starts

hiredgun8

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
just my .02 cents I would bring the motor to tdc #1 and reset the distributor i've seen it more times than i could tell ya friends have set it by a chart or marks they made and it wouldnt fire,i've pulled #1 plug bumped the motor till i got a burst of compression from #1 made sure timing mark was at tdc and set it from there and sure as s.h.i.t it starts

He has fire....no fuel

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get it started off of ether or carb cleaner, just to verify that it will run and is simply not getting fuel. If you have good compression, then the valves should be close enough for the engine to run. If the TBI is getting fuel and working properly, then all of the cylinders must get fuel. They all feed off of a common intake plenum and have no choice but to draw the fuel/air mixture provided to them. That only leaves spark and spark timing. Just because a plug will fire in the open air doesn't mean it will have enough energy to jump the gap in turbulent air under 130+ pounds of air pressure.

lkfldredneck

HILLBILLY DELUXE!!!
Reaction score
Get it started off of ether or carb cleaner, just to verify that it will run and is simply not getting fuel. If you have good compression, then the valves should be close enough for the engine to run. If the TBI is getting fuel and working properly, then all of the cylinders must get fuel. They all feed off of a common intake plenum and have no choice but to draw the fuel/air mixture provided to them. That only leaves spark and spark timing. Just because a plug will fire in the open air doesn't mean it will have enough energy to jump the gap in turbulent air under 130+ pounds of air pressure.

But non of the cylinders are getting fuel. we rolled it over for a few and even if the plugs didnt fire, they would smell like gas. we pulled them and they didnt smell like gas at all

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But non of the cylinders are getting fuel. we rolled it over for a few and even if the plugs didnt fire, they would smell like gas. we pulled them and they didnt smell like gas at all

Where is the fuel going? If the injectors are spraying fuel, then it's going into the intake. If your valves are lashed and timed properly and you have compression, then the cylinders are drawing fuel/air from the intake. The fuel has to go somewhere. Unless, of course, it's not enough fuel. Which leads to...

Ok what is your fuel pressure?

... this.

lkfldredneck

HILLBILLY DELUXE!!!
Reaction score
Where is the fuel going? If the injectors are spraying fuel, then it's going into the intake. If your valves are lashed and timed properly and you have compression, then the cylinders are drawing fuel/air from the intake. The fuel has to go somewhere. Unless, of course, it's not enough fuel. Which leads to...

... this.

We dumped good fuel into the TB, and it didnt fire..