engine hoist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
any recommended engine hoist to use for pulling an engine from stock ride height, facebook marketplace people want brand new prices it seems for used equipment.

mainly lift capacity and boom length

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
any recommended engine hoist to use for pulling an engine from stock ride height, facebook marketplace people want brand new prices it seems for used equipment.

mainly lift capacity and boom length
I have been using a engine lift from harbor freight for several years now and have had zero issues.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought a 1 Ton one from HF because their 2 Ton was either unavailable or discontinued. I couldn't find one anywhere in the Phoenix area. With the 1 Ton hoist I had to remove the bumper and grille to reach far enough and pull my 5.7L. It worked OK and I can't see spending much more for as often as I'd use it. I'd rather build an A frame with a hoist like I had years ago, a lot more stuff you can do with one.

Here you can see how far in and high I had it - just made it with the balancer pulley on and radiator still in :waytogo:
You must be registered for see images attach