engine block heater location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

benualson

Reaction score
Where would the engine block heater cord be located (if I have one) on a 1998 K1500 5.7L? Going to be -20 in the morning w/ -55 windchill.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Where would the engine block heater cord be located (if I have one) on a 1998 K1500 5.7L? Going to be -20 in the morning w/ -55 windchill.

The cord itself plugs into the middle frost plug on the drives side of the block.

If your truck didn't come with a block heater, you will need to knock out a frost plug to install it.

hiredgun8

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On my 98 the cord is in the driver's side wheel well towards the front. It has a black rubber cap on it.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just put one an aftermarket one on my dads tahoe yesterday. $30 at the local tractor supply. it is a lower rad hose model. easy to install and he reported this morning (-16F with -45F windchill) it started great and was almost instantly producing hot air.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
I just put one an aftermarket one on my dads tahoe yesterday. $30 at the local tractor supply. it is a lower rad hose model. easy to install and he reported this morning (-16F with -45F windchill) it started great and was almost instantly producing hot air.

Do you have a link?

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score

I have seen those, never truly cared for them, but they do work!

also, you can get some that stick to the bottom of your oil pan, to warm up the oil.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you have a link?

Here you are sir. very easy install dont have to remove anything, just cut the lower hose straight and square and catch the coolant, pop the heater in and crank the clamps. top it off and your done. my dad stays it works really well, im sure the factory one prolly works better but i would rather cut a lower rad hose than pull a freeze plug out. especially if its as cold by you as it is by me!

http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/lower-radiator-heater-1--3-4-in

LOWnEASY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Out of stock.... bout to look on eBay or summit for one. Definatly gonna get one!