Emissions delete vacuum lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nobears

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I was going through the pictures I took of my 88 V6 as I was tearing down. It seems as though I forgot to take pictures of the vacuum lines. I am deleting my smog pump and EGR so those lines go bye bye. Does anyone know where my new lines should be going?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't remember if you're going to stay with the TBI system and/or ECM. If so, looking at the engine from the front, block off the front left port where your A.I.R. pump and EGR went, you need the PCV in the front center base, the Charcoal Canister in the front right base, and the MAP sensor in the back base (under the TB pressure regulator). You also need the breather hose going from the driver's side valve cover to the spacer above the TB.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I forgot I posted this from my 88 5.7L on another forum. I haven't searched for it but, it looks like you can order a belt for non-CA (among other states) and get a "Federal Emissions" belt to bypass the pump.

You must be registered for see images attach

nobears

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m staying with TBI and ECM, no collar above the throttle body anymore though. Running a 14x4” paper filter. Routing the PCV to a catch can on the inner fender. Photo is throttle body (sitting on my tool box how I plan to run it) so plug the left port, right one goes straight to the charcoal canister (which can that be deleted? I have no clue what it does), center to driver side valve cover, and back port straight to MAP sensor?

You must be registered for see images attach

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Just run a PCV system. You aren't going to gain anything by not, on a non-turbo engine, unless maybe you've got a ton of blow by. Even if you did have a lot of blow by, I'd still run the can in conjunction with the PCV valve.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so plug the left port, right one goes straight to the charcoal canister (which can that be deleted? I have no clue what it does), center to driver side valve cover, and back port straight to MAP sensor?
Yes plug the left port, if you don't hook up to the charcoal canister you'll get gas odor in your engine compartment, the center port needs to go to your PCV valve or you'll have a very big vacuum leak if you hook it to the driver's side valve cover. Where that hose goes to in the spacer ring isn't under vacuum it's more or less atmospheric but the center bottom tube is full vacuum.

nobears

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just run a PCV system. You aren't going to gain anything by not, on a non-turbo engine, unless maybe you've got a ton of blow by. Even if you did have a lot of blow by, I'd still run the can in conjunction with the PCV valve.
I’m actually still running a PCV. Just routed to a catch can instead of the throttle body. I did it on my Harley and actually picked up 2hp. And that motor is half the size of my 4.3