Ebay Tinted or Smoked Tail lights...What is the darkest that matches OEM Black Paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ForeverFalcon40

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had Devs93 tint tail lights on my OBS EscaHoe and love them. Came out perfect. I added another GM vehicle to the fleet and want them done as well.

From what I read he doesn't do them anymore. He did not respond to my PM.

Has anyone bought Tinted or Smoked Tail lights from Ebay? They look good but how dark is dark? Want them to match the paint like DEVS did.

I had Devs do the lights but leave the Reverse untouched. This time I rather have the whole light done. I have 3rd brake light, LED tail gate bar (running lights, turn, brake and reverse) and aftermarket LED pods for when I go in reverse. So seeing at night as well as other driver's seeing me will not be an issue.

Pics would be ****! but can live with out

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Take them to a body shop. They will tint the clear with black and spray multiple coats to get that look.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Take them to a body shop. They will tint the clear with black and spray multiple coats to get that look.

Local shop quoted me $100 to do mine.

X2, I had mine on my red truck done at a body shop and this is about what they charged me.

Plus, if your shop of choice knows what they're doing then they can match them to pretty much anything. Pick a tail light design that you like and go from there.

ForeverFalcon40

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here in Long Island, NY I got prices from $150-300 for paint.

I cant justify spending that on Mandingo. The reason why I looking into doing this, is that I chipped my tail light in the corner loading stockade fence. I have OCD issues and it bothers me. Figure If I repair make it look better. Devs Charged around $30 to do mine plus shipping. I could live around that price range. Heck I would just have him get me tail lights from the yard do em and send em like he did for my EscaHoe which still to this day look great!

If I spent $100 or more and it got knicked being a work truck, I would not be happy at all!

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
Thanks for your response. Every nightshade job I see is dull and is not the look I am looking for. Want to match gloss paint as possible.

If you take your time and do it right, it will look great. Just takes a little effort. Plenty of how-to's on you tube.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
I would shy away from tinted tails. Period. I tinted mine and got pulled over after the second day. And got 3 verbal warnings in one month before they said they would ticket me. Needless to say I bought a set of factory red ones and will never go back. Ive had buddies get some hefty tickets from tinted tails. Its not worth it :nono: