Skeletal's Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The truck has been doing well with the new front calipers, as mentioned in my reply to Dravec the hoe has a 14' Baer big brakes all around.
You must be registered for see images attach

Haven't gotten around to painting the front calipers, the night I put them on I didn't have time. Going to look for a place to turn my back rotors since they are squealing as well (didn't notice before since the fronts were so loud), they have plenty of meat left on them so they should be good. Once that's done going to paint the center of the discs black.

Did some visual modifications to the truck as well, pulled the roof racks off, removed most of the badges, blacked out the third brake light (some things never change lol) and detailed it.

And my favorite part, the hoe badge.

Once I have the extra funds the next thing will be the drop kit, then she'll be mostly done. Want to put Escalade side bars on it if it's not a pita, think it would give the truck a cleaner look

Finished working on the extended cab, need to wash it, take some pictures then list it. It's difficult getting rid of it but with the price of gas currently I'd be out a lot more money per month. When driving it I had to fill up every 5 days, the hoe' on the other hand goes 7-8 days.

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With a turn of events the extended cab will be staying with me. Took it for a spin the other day, cylinder 5 doesn't want to fire anymore and 4 randomly misses, 7 came up once as well (couldn't get it to replicate missing on 7). Started making a noise that sounded like TV static and had the flashing check engine light of doom when accelerating, I swear every time I park this thing something else breaks. Injectors are firing fine, has spark and air so cylinder 5 randomly gave up the ghost for reasons beyond me. When the funds allow she'll get re-motored (going to buy the motor I was getting for Abigail and put it in this truck instead), while I'm at it want to put a 6" lift and 35's on it since she won't be stock anymore. Even later down the line I would like to have her current motor rebuilt and supercharged for Abigail.

Pretty much all my truck projects are on hold for the moment, might get Abigail drivable so I have a fun truck to drive on the weekends. Also considering selling the hoe', and getting a cheap Accord or similiar so I have the money to fix the extended cab sooner but not sure yet.

Naming this truck Betty, going to quote myself from my other thread "Named the truck Betty because it's a little sh*t. Betty (along with Abigail) are 2 of the kids who accused their neighbor of being a witch, which started the Salem witch trials". So now I have the pair lol. She'll get parked in the back of the garage with a cover on it until she gets fixed.

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hoe' has been doing good, put the 20's from Betty on since the 22's on the rear were almost bald. Both front tires from Betty had uneven wear, but the passenger side was the worse of the 2. The outside half of it was burnt halfway down. She is almost due for another oil change and a new battery but that's about it.

Test mounted the bullbar on Betty, looked pretty good.

Pulled it off to bedline it since the paint was cooked, and used some Rust-Oleum liner in a can which was a bad idea. Wouldn't shoot evenly and when it did it spit, also had a glossy finish I wasn't a fan of. Grinded that off and used what I had left of my Harbor Freight liner, came out alright can see some of the grinding marks but it ain't the end of the world. Need to get another can to finish the back then I can put it back on the truck. While the bull bar is off I'm going to swap the lights and grill from Abigail onto here. Truck is getting minor stuff getting done to it (swapping the lights back out and other visual stuff) while I work on Abigail and my other projects.

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found a guy to rebuild the motor in Betty, is cheaper than getting that boat motor but not 100% on what route I want to go. Picked up a new job that pays more and better hours which is great, might be able to swing finishing both trucks this year and make headway on my other projects. Looking at parts for Betty, found 2 sets of rims I really like, Vision Turbine 353 in 18x9 and Ultra Machine 226 also in 18x9. I like the trailboss 18's but see them on pretty much every other new Silverado in town, and want something a little different.

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got a set of wheels for her, my old man traded in his truck so I bought his old ones. Looks pretty good. Mayhem 20's with 285 60 20 Atturo Trail Blade ATS.

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not much of an update but here we go anyway lol, haven't started her in months, has had the mirrors taken off and put on Abigail, and wheels robbed off of it for the avalanche. After I get some wheels for the av would like to take this truck for a ride, miss driving this thing, been about 6 months since it moved beyond the garage. Still not sure what I'm doing for the motor, after the hurricane I haven't talked with my buddy that has the boat motor so no idea if that's still an option, would really like to put a GM HT383E in it but it's d*mn expensive. Sadly she'll continue to stay in purgatory until I figure out the motor situation, seeing the truck sitting everyday is starting to eat away at me. Would like to have it done by next summer and make her my friday/weekend driver.

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update time, ordered the HT383E. Need to order a few more parts, new intake manifold/gaskets, motor mounts, mirrors and a cherry picker. Been busting my a** at work and decided it's time to get my truck back. She should be back on the road by next month.

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm still alive! lol. It's been quite awhile since I've been on here, life's been a f*cked up trip this last year to put it mildly. Went from management at my old job doing damn well, back to working retail. The avalanche is gone, got rid of that back in April of last year and a couple cars later I ended up with an 04 Acura TL that I've been working on the last 7~ months. Lowered it (love my low riders), put all new front suspension, a factory A-spec kit, type S lights and maintenance stuff. No exhaust since Honda products need to stay quiet lol.

Anyway now to what y'all are interested in, the truck. Never got the HT383, order it and the order got canceled for no reason. Called the bank and the place I ordered it from and neither one could tell me why the transaction was 86'd. So I said f*ck it and let it sit till March/April since I was getting back into my other hobbies.

Truck had been missing on cylinder 4 constantly at idle but not under load so I ran a compression test and all the cylinders were between 150-170, so I threw some parts at the truck. New injectors, ignition coil, ignition control module. She still ran a bit off but better, so I got the tow mirrors, put the bull bar on and tagged it again. Drove it a couple times (the trans was not happy about sitting and the truck started to leak) then parked it back up till around thanksgiving. Dumped a bottle of seafoam in it through the brake booster vacuum hose, changed the oil with some 15w40 and drove it a few more times and she did alright. I clearly needed to drive it more and going down the highway to work for a few days cleaned it up some but still not quite there. Not really sure wtf the problem is at this point, still missing a little and not wanting to start when hot. Took all the grounds off and sanded them (again) put a new negative battery cable and battery in and she started great when hot again.

She sat again till early January (December traffic was nuts with idiots everywhere so I didn't wanna chance it getting hit), when the front end of my TL got done in by all the potholes and I had to drive the truck since I was working on the TL. Put 700~ miles on the truck and drove the ever loving sh*t out of it until a week ago when I finished the Acura. The truck is now running great, no more miss, trans shifts good again and she purrs going down the street, the leaks stopped for the most part as well. What was wrong with it and why it was missing with metal shavings in the oil (reason I parked it) I'll never know. Talked and showed the truck to some of my mechanic buddies and they were surprised she's running this well since we thought the motor was done. Took the truck to work again yesterday and it's nice having it back and drivable whenever I want/need a truck, I've missed this thing lol.

Not much I want to do to the truck besides enjoy it since she's been parked for so long, going to put new rubber brake lines and rear cylinders in (pretty sure the ones in it are the 26 y/o originals), the steering box has been loose since I bought the truck back in 19' so I'm going to get a redhead steering box with new lines, and when she needs new tires I want to get some 17's. Thinking either bullet holes or turbines with 285/70r17's, the 20's look good but I think the truck would look better with more sidewall. Going to do the brakes soon but funds are tight so the rest will happen some point this year.

Here's some pictures till next time, hoping to be more active on here this year.

Last edited: