EBay mpfi upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
I found the Delphi kit for 331 on Amazon with no gaskets, this claims to have everything for the install...

Right now, as far as I can tell, the AC Delco is 285 on Amazon, Delphi is 335, no gaskets or anything

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
what gaskets does it come with?

the felpro Gaskets was a step up from the stock ones, much better long lasting quality.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
what gaskets does it come with?

the felpro Gaskets was a step up from the stock ones, much better long lasting quality.

X2 and cheap. I'd go with quality parts and not worried about it. All u need is the upper intake gasket.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Are Delphi and ad delco not the same thing?

Maybe, maybe not. AC Delco is GM's brand made by approved vendors for parts. Delphi is a company that may have made those parts originally as a part of GM, or after. If Delphi makes it, they likely made the original. A current AC Delco part could be made by anyone GM choses. Delphi closed a lot of plants when they went bankrupt, so some stuff now comes from China or Mexico. When I bought my Delphi radiator on Amazon, it was basically a dealer part, made in the US, but sold at a low price through Amazon. The plant that made it, in NY, went back to GM, as part of the bankrupcy restructuring, I believe.

So in short, I typically by Delphi or AC Delco, but with the understanding that it's possibly that neither are exactly like what my truck was originally built with. I beleive both to be high quality in most cases. I did pass on the new made in China Delphi heater fan/blower, However. I bought a Canadian made one off of Amazon...... can't recall the brand, Though.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
Last edited:

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Well I did the math tonight, and I need three checks to afford either the minimal, or the whole shebang with cap rotor, wires, plugs, and t-stat "while I'm at it"

So I guess I'll do the whole thing, and throw the lower intake in the bead blaster too lol

I haven't been able to figure out the difference either... I guess I'll just go with Delphi