Dual Exhaust Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The highest horsepower of a stock engine was the 67 327 with 375 horse. LT1 had 370. I don't know bout the newer crap, not into that. But even an engine built with Vortecs (which flow better than any OEM head) still won't reach those numbers. The 406 Im building with Vortecs is copied from a mag, that made only 428 horsepower. Inless hes building a motor from the GMPP catalog thinking that stuff is OEM, not happen'n

badco

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The highest horsepower of a stock engine was the 67 327 with 375 horse. LT1 had 370. I don't know bout the newer crap, not into that. But even an engine built with Vortecs (which flow better than any OEM head) still won't reach those numbers. The 406 Im building with Vortecs is copied from a mag, that made only 428 horsepower. Inless hes building a motor from the GMPP catalog thinking that stuff is OEM, not happen'n
Stock castings on heads specific for year. Has a cc rule on runners and chambere. Cant have any obvious port work or grind marks, can fill heat crossover on head only as long as not used to shape port, stock valve size for engine, stock spring diameter, screw in stud and guide plates allowed, full roller rockers with stock ratio allowed, if engine stock with flat tappit lifters has to have them and gotta be stock diameter, intakes have to be stock year and number for make and model of the car, same with carb. Pistons can be forged but nhra aproved stock design with no more than .070 over size, stock design with stock size ring groves in stock location, rods have to be stock length. Crank can be forged but has to be stock stroke with +or- .010 tolerance. Cam cannot be over stock lift at all but duration and lobe sep can do whatever.

badco

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
67 302 4spd camaro we done. Same deal stock spec.
You must be registered for see images attach

badco

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You have that backwards, 70 lt1 was factory rated at 375 and was highest hp sbc until 96-97 LT4 was rated at 376.
My 406 made 650 first pull and 697 when done. My 350 with ported 041s and small domes made 550 so it sounds like you reading wrong mag

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stock castings on heads specific for year. Has a cc rule on runners and chambere. Cant have any obvious port work or grind marks, can fill heat crossover on head only as long as not used to shape port, stock valve size for engine
So you are or aren't allowed to port the heads? I call BS on 697 horsepower on unported stock heads. You can show dyno sheets all day long, but it doesn't take a whole lot of horsing around to get a dyno to lie. I'll "believe" you if you include a wink and a nudge when claiming 697 horsepower on a stock motor.

That said, the engines you're turning out are legit winners. Good work.