dual batteries

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
youve got to drill 2 holes in the inner fender but thas it. the holes are there in the core support and the fender for the bolts added one to mine. getting winch on sunday need to figure how im going to do winch set up now

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
for a TBI motor truck yes you have to drill holes for the battery tray to bolt in. you can get them from most diesel trucks BUT they dont have the evap canister relocation bracket on them... tho if you keep an eye out at junkyards you can occationaly find a gas TBI with dual battery trays.
im not sure if i have any dual tray setups for tbi anymore. i might have already sold all my driversside trays.

i have dual batteries on my truck just wired together positive wise. each battery has own ground to frame and both have alternator charging wires to them off the motor. BUT both my batteries are same age and same model both bought new at same time! if you mix batteries DEFIANTLY use heavy duty solinoids to seperate them. had mine for about 2-3years now with no problems still.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Oooh ok, is it easy enough to relocate the evap canister? Going to go for a look through the junkyard tomorrow for some interior pieces and hopefully a DS battery tray. Can't wait to see what I come outta there with.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
well the holes for the bracket are there so if you got some metal and a drill you can make a bracket for it. the extra bracket pretty much spaces the stock bracket out away from the battery tray afew inches. of course you could always just remove your stock bracket, grind a piece of steel and weld that steel as a spacer onto the battery trays side and then just paint it. most likely youll have to paint the battery tray anyways. ;) ive seen plenty of extremly rusted ones in time. hard to find a decent condition one that doesnt need paint. just remember to also IF POSIBLE snag the battery bolt and chunk clamp part. its the same as passenger stock tray they both fit the same.
good luck with the search!

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Thanks, great info to know man, can the evap can be angled? I've got some metal around so i should be able to make something up. Just wondering if anyones tried having it horizontally mounted to underside of battery tray? Would like to have it nicely tucked in there out of the way.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the bracket is on the batt tray moujnt. you just need o move it from core support to the bracket and redo the lines some. i just cut it off