dual batteries

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thats the way there installed in bucket trucks (I can go out there and take a picture of my Comcast Bucket truck setup if you like), and most commercial trucks ...
out of the way to get messed up by the elements ... I wouldn't suggest laying them in the bed of the truck without no protection ...

smurfcivic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Geuss I over looked that part. Didn't mean to offend u. If i did sorry. It just made me laugh. I keep checking this thread cause I'm in the process of doing a dual battery setup under my bed. I'm going with gel batteries so they can be turned whichever way I need them.

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thats what I have in my bed ... 3 Alfa gel cells ... And I want to put them under the truck too, just not sure where on the passenger side ...

astewart1995

ImAwesome
Reaction score
what if i got a dual battery tray (or even put in the tool box) and just recharged it at night or before i go on a trail?

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you alternator should have no trouble charging the additional batteries ... I would get a stronger alternator than stock, just to be on the safe side ...

Kmac69

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know my Diesel has the positives of both batteries directly connected to each other and each has its own seperate ground. I cant see why you cant wire it like that? Of course you would need a drivers side battery tray from a Diesel truck to make that idea work as well lol

I have the same setup

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
I've got 2 batteries in the stock diesel locations wired up pos to pos and neg to neg, (i got dual post batteries) and added a disconnect to the second battery and leave it disconnected most of the time, If i use it i connect it again (its just a thing you turn to connect/disconnect) to let it charge back up to full. it works quite well in the drive in and if i need to boost our diesel trucks.. or if i leave my aux backup lights on..

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
should bolt right in i would think. i ordered my 97 k3500 454 with the auxillary battery setup.