Drunkcanuks build...... finally!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think it depends on the presence of a tow package.
That makes sense. It has the little brakes, didn't come with a hitch or anything. Just the little 4 plug harness. So I'm sure it doesn't have a tow package. And honestly, the only thing this will be hauling will be a spare tire and a cooler. And my RPO sticker is all "smooshy" and mostly unreadable. So I don't really know all what's all for options etc. One day I'll do a vin search.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mark where your bumpstop is and center your notch on that.
You can leave the springs on the hangers and flip it, slide one side of the axle back at a time.
Mine wasn’t centered over the axle, it was forward from it about 2”.

Edit: I’ll forever be known as the guy with the off center notch

Last edited:

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That makes sense. It has the little brakes, didn't come with a hitch or anything. Just the little 4 plug harness. So I'm sure it doesn't have a tow package. And honestly, the only thing this will be hauling will be a spare tire and a cooler. And my RPO sticker is all "smooshy" and mostly unreadable. So I don't really know all what's all for options etc. One day I'll do a vin search.
@1ton-o-fun

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine has small brakes and has 4 leaves including the overload.

Edit: no tow package either
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In my hurry to head out I forgot what was left of the shackle bolt that I cut the head off and pulled out. Was going to take it to a store to find some replacements.
So....would anyone know what I need?
I assume grade 8. Pretty sure it was 1/2". Tried a Google search but kinda came up short. Rockauto seems to have them but it would take forever to get here. Nothing came up on NAPA. Do you think a GM dealer would be able to get some???

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think they are 9/16 x 4 1/2, at least that’s what some replacements are. Can’t remember for the life of me what the OE ones are. Class 10.9.

Anyways, here is how my notch sits. I will probably trim some of the pad in the future.

Attachments

• 76278E12-7E12-4E3B-A3AA-4780A7607A42.jpeg
    76278E12-7E12-4E3B-A3AA-4780A7607A42.jpeg
    273.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 49CBBBDB-30D1-43E8-AE0F-676FDC1361A9.jpeg
    49CBBBDB-30D1-43E8-AE0F-676FDC1361A9.jpeg
    445.2 KB · Views: 27

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think they are 9/16 x 4 1/2, at least that’s what some replacements are. Can’t remember for the life of me what the OE ones are. Class 10.9.

Anyways, here is how my notch sits. I will probably trim some of the pad in the future.
Doh.....I'm so silly. Of course they are metric!!!
Thanks for the virtual head smack!! Lol
I'm going to do some digging around the parts stores tomorrow and maybe hit up a GM dealer.
Saw new shackles @NAPA for a decent price. It's almost worth just getting those. BUT I'm sure that's going to be a PITA to remove as well!!!
You southern folks and rust free trucks don't know what fun your missing!!! Lol