drop hangers ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have a 2/4 on mine and want to go lower. Im thinking of doing a flip kit with the hanger and a 1" lift shackle for a 7" drop

Everybody must have better roads than me because yall want to go lower...im a lil on edge on going lower than a 4/6.... My last silvy was a scsb dropped 4/6 and I loved it but now my truck is longer and heavier so I don't know what to expect...I hate getting high centered and crossing driveways and all that crap............But I love the look lol

Shane_o_mac

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just go for 4"-6" all us 2-4 guys wanna go lower any way, and when you go lower you will need the stock hangers on.

Mischiefse7en

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
2/4 is definitely not low enough, but i bought the truck this way so its not my fault. I thought mine only had lowering shackles at first bc it was so much higher than my last truck

You must be registered for see images attach

supertrucker1978

She Does???
Reaction score
All flip kits are basically the same. But any drop more than 4 inches really needs a notch.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I will NEVER do another 2/4. For one, it ain't low enough.
With the '20's on the '97, it looks 'Donk' to me!
Plus the hassle of getting the pinion angle right was a freakin' nightmare! The 4/6 has the angle built in.
Anything more than a 4" drop not only needs a notch, but the box cross-member needs a notch too.
The installation probs alone were enough to convince me not to ever do another!

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will NEVER do another 2/4. For one, it ain't low enough.
With the '20's on the '97, it looks 'Donk' to me!
Plus the hassle of getting the pinion angle right was a freakin' nightmare! The 4/6 has the angle built in.
Anything more than a 4" drop not only needs a notch, but the box cross-member needs a notch too.
The installation probs alone were enough to convince me not to ever do another!

what size tires are you guys running with a 4/6 drop........ I want some sidewall..... I wanted to run 255/50/20 front and 295/45/20 rear will that fit ?

and I don't need to notch anything............Im crazy like that!!

supertrucker1978

She Does???
Reaction score
what size tires are you guys running with a 4/6 drop........ I want some sidewall..... I wanted to run 255/50/20 front and 295/45/20 rear will that fit ?

and I don't need to notch anything............Im crazy like that!!
I'm running 17's and just put the notch in because after about 2 weeks of your frame bouncing off your axle you will have to re-do all your work.