Drive shaft pushed INTO transmission?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
driveshaft doesnt need to be shortened torque convertor bolts are loose get it towed to the moron that put the trans in,or a better shop

214martin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
driveshaft doesnt need to be shortened torque convertor bolts are loose get it towed to the moron that put the trans in,or a better shop

I have 2 different problems here though right? My torque converter bolts are loose, and shaft is pushed in because of drop so shortening shaft would solve one problem though correct?

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
if its bottom out into the trans then yea needs to be shortened a hair from what ive been taught, and yes shortening would resolve one issue, next to figure out that clunk which i would agree might be torque converter bolts, ive just never listened to that happen for that long lol.

214martin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
how do i measure exactly how much i need shortened? how much space should i have? it sounds really bad if i had someone to hold the brake down while they put it into reverse you'd see how bad it really is. the video is with the truck in park.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
shaft is not bottomed out from what i saw in your video the only issue you have is the loose bolts

214martin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh okay. One more thing how bad is it to have water in the tranny fluid? The tranny fluid is a milky color and hes going to change it but does that ruin stuff right away?

214martin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No it was gonna be rebuilt but i went the cheap route and bought a used one and just swapped them but upon swapping them he realized there was water in the donor one