Drive shaft pushed INTO transmission?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is this "he" your mechanic? You need to stop talking to him all together. So many things wrong here. I wouldn't trust him at all anymore.

214martin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok so i went out of town for a week and. Yes the torque converter bolts were loose but now in reverse the truck jerks real bad. Like it feels as if the were big rocks or something stoping the wheels every foot. It only does it in reverse.

214martin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hes changing the fluid every week untill its the right color so hes taking care of that but hes telling i need to shorten my drive shaft but ny thing is, my truck did do this with the old tranny but now it does.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
That water has already de-laminated the clutches. I had water in mine for 2 days, did a complete flush, clutches de-laminated a week later. Water disolves the glue that holds the friction material to the metal plates. IMO you would have been better off to rebuild in the first place.

214martin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thats what im thinking i can still get my trans back and revuild it but thats $580 down the drain for the work hes done already. I mean i can sell the replacement tranny for what $250? It runs good just needs a minor rebuild i guess?

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Pay to have them both rebuilt, then sell the one you are not going to use to offset the cost of having yours rebuilt. You should be able to recoup most of that.

214martin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It cost 650 to rebuild so i think im better off selling it as is ill probably get what $700 for it freshly rebuilt? Thats only a $50 profit compared to $200 if i sell as is.

214martin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
But like i said my only problem now is that jerk. He says its the drive shaft but why didnt it do it before?

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
a driveshaft wont caus e a jerking unles your u joints are bad or its running out a ton but that woul cause a severe vibration while driving not while standing still.